the 100% directionless thread

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Picked up a pre-workout supplement today from the NutriShop, mixed half a scoop with bottle of water, then ran for 3 hours with out realizing it! haha I think the only reason I stopped was I got cold :unsure: lol

Is that a normal amount of time for you?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Yeah that's a gentle way of putting it. As the OB-GYN I used to work with always used to tell our patients while starting her exams... "And this is how we know God is a Man..."

...and that's why I almost feel bad for the standardized patients who are getting a lot of money for a bunch of second year students to practice on them.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
...and that's why I almost feel bad for the standardized patients who are getting a lot of money for a bunch of second year students to practice on them.

Hahaha... the doc I used to work with (med school professor) makes her male students just get up on the table and put their feet in their stirrups. That alone is enough to make the boys extremely uncomfortable. Definitely noticed that male residents and students on their OB-GYN rotations are much more sympathetic than the females. Awww. :p The women are like "whatever lady, deal with it!"

JPINFV

Gadfly
I think that's largely ignorance of what it feels like. We only have our imagination to use to try to figure out what a papsmear, pelvic, and rectovaginal exam feels like. Taking a finger up the butt seems like a small price compared to those other ones. Women, on the other hand, can play the entire, "Buck up, I've been through this too" card.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I think that's largely ignorance of what it feels like. We only have our imagination to use to try to figure out what a papsmear, pelvic, and rectovaginal exam feels like. Taking a finger up the butt seems like a small price compared to those other ones. Women, on the other hand, can play the entire, "Buck up, I've been through this too" card.

Well just keep imagining that it's horrible ;) I'll happily accept the sympathy.

You do realise Brown just ate dinner? Please ..... :D
Wah. Weren't you supposed to have a baby or something coming your way soon? :p

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
Hahaha... the doc I used to work with (med school professor) makes her male students just get up on the table and put their feet in their stirrups. That alone is enough to make the boys extremely uncomfortable.

During our obstetrics sessions with a midwife, I made a smart arse remark about the disembodied pelvises we practice with, so the midwife replaced them with me. I had to play mum and lay spread eagled in front of a class while the midwife motioned the various maneuvers.

Good thing I was enjoying it or I would have had her up on sexual harassment charges. :p

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well just keep imagining that it's horrible ;) I'll happily accept the sympathy.

I'll be more than happy to give you all the sympathy you want if you're willing to take a vacation in California (it was in the 70s today, by the way) and volunteer to be my SP for breast and pelvics.

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
Vasocor! haha

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Picked up a pre-workout supplement today from the NutriShop, mixed half a scoop with bottle of water, then ran for 3 hours with out realizing it! haha I think the only reason I stopped was I got cold :unsure: lol

The Nutrishop over by CycleGear on Cutler? If so that place always has fun stuff :)

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
The Nutrishop over by CycleGear on Cutler? If so that place always has fun stuff :)

I've been there but no, they opened one down here in the N Valley and its 4-5miles away so I go to that one. And that they do have some awesome stuff! Now, if they open a vitamin shop down here as well I am set! haha ^_^

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown has awoken this evening with a a discombobulated brainbox and wishes to fly far, far away and bury his head in whatever sand is found upon location.... provided the helicopter has enough gas to do that.

While Brown is filling up the helicopter Brown can purchase some fatty, artery clogging, salt, MSG and aspartamine filled snacks and pies from the gas station.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Apparently a non-modifiable risk for post menopausal osteoporosis is female gender. I'll let that one sink in for a moment.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently a non-modifiable risk for post menopausal osteoporosis is female gender. I'll let that one sink in for a moment.

Why do they call it menopause if only girls get it? Brown thinks perhaps because men are the cause? :D

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Why do they call it menopause if only girls get it? Brown thinks perhaps because men are the cause? :D

Sassafras thinks Brown is finally catching on. ;)

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Sassafras thinks Brown is finally catching on. ;)

Brown is concerned that Sassafras may now start taking in fourth person like Brown does and that it may lead to some sort of warping or buckling of the time space continium which has the potential to upset the equilibrium of the universe.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown is concerned that Sassafras may now start taking in fourth person like Brown does and that it may lead to some sort of warping or buckling of the time space continium which has the potential to upset the equilibrium of the universe.

Resulting of course in a sassafranova and the eventual collapse of said nova into a superhypermassive brown hole, the properties of which have yet to even be throughly explored. However, it is generally accepted that a superhypermassive brown hole would instantaneously absorb every thought in the universe, resulting in a total absence of knowledge and creating a zombi-like environment where men are driven not by their own mind but by an animal like instinct to survive. Eventually the extreme density of this brown hole would cause a fatal distraction of the space-time web and open a portal to an adjoining universe, filled with the remains of an entire universe a million times more massive than our own, and like a bathtub drains through a small hole, our universe would begin to "drain" through this comparitavly small brown hole (which in reality is as many thousands of light years across as Brown is tall in millimeters) and into the denser universe. Complete with a little whirlpool near the drain. This draining action would result in the complete destruction of our universe and it's reduction back into gaseous clouds of elements, lit only by the blistering radiation from several thousand newly formed pulsars, (also known as lights5!) Lol!