the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I don't want to be the smartest person in the room if it means the wise people I looked up to aren't there.

Just feels like you're the only knight at the round table and you'd rather go back to the full square one.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
People come and go and throw their little tantrums and get salty for whatever reasons. Just part of social media. Don’t beat yourself up Dragonclaw, seeking validation from Internet strangers is silly.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
People come and go and throw their little tantrums and get salty for whatever reasons. Just part of social media. Don’t beat yourself up Dragonclaw, seeking validation from Internet strangers is silly.

I don't think he's being salty or throwing a tantrum. He's politely excusing himself from the table. He's not ghosting us.

And I get it. Sometimes I deactivate Facebook or leave discord servers or completely delete certain social media accounts and leave them for good.

I'm not beating myself up.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I like Discord

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I wanted to say bye to you guys. This place has changed... and, I guess, so have I.

I probably won’t be coming back. To the the friends I made here, thank you... you made it worth while.
Hope you drop in at some point. Members like you are who I paid attention to when starting out in this job.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Saw a congenital heart block for the first time that I know if. Its trippy seeing an 8 y/o's 12 lead looking like that.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
My wife came across a brand new pair of those adjustable Bowflex barbells; it couldn’t have come at a better time. Honestly the idea of my own home gym is growing more appealing by the day.

All I really need now are a battle rope, a yoga mat, and a flat bench. An endless pool would complete my dream workout oasis.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
My wife came across a brand new pair of those adjustable Bowflex barbells; it couldn’t have come at a better time. Honestly the idea of my own home gym is growing more appealing by the day.

All I really need now are a battle rope, a yoga mat, and a flat bench. An endless pool would complete my dream workout oasis.
And here we are trying to convince management to let us spend some of our base funds to put a hot tub in the hangar haha

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
A certain EMS transfer and 911 company has offered me 48 cents more an hour. 911 is an hour and a half away and every unit, even double basic truck is 911 in the service area. Any other non 911 is just down the road.

They claim 401K, benefts, etc.

Should I even consider?

I'm happy here. I have friends, a great partner, I'm known here (and not notoriously)

I dunno.

My buddy there is trying to sell it to me.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
And here we are trying to convince management to let us spend some of our base funds to put a hot tub in the hangar haha
Neighboring FD here has both a sauna and a hot tub for “cancer prevention.”

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Not trying to make this a me thing, but like, I'm not the kind of member you're referring to, am I?

Maybe it's just being told all the time growing up how I'm a problem and ruin things whenever people aren't named (not asking you to name anyone else), I get this feeling like it's me and I'm the person in the room everyone wants to leave but I don't get the hints or stay by choice.

And if it were between me and the senior people here that I've come to like and respect, I'd make myself scarce because their value is greater than mine and I'd rather not make an "unsafe scene" as it were.
Nope. Not you at all

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief

My goal is to get a squat rack, Olympic lifting bar, and full set of bumpers that go with it as well as some kettlebells and dumbbells. Thats many thousands of dollars, but one day.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
A certain EMS transfer and 911 company has offered me 48 cents more an hour. 911 is an hour and a half away and every unit, even double basic truck is 911 in the service area. Any other non 911 is just down the road.

Should I even consider?

I'm happy here. I have friends, a great partner, I'm known here (and not notoriously)

I dunno.

3 hours round trip isn't worth it at the basic level and not even at the P level depending on the details. Maybe if it was 24 or 48, but for anything less? Nah.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
My goal is to get a squat rack, Olympic lifting bar, and full set of bumpers that go with it as well as some kettlebells and dumbbells. Thats many thousands of dollars, but one day.
Financially I think we’re ok to pull that plug once we move into a bigger house. Payment plans are a thing as well.

It’d be a worthwhile investment for me. I think it will also slowly segue into me canceling my gym membership. Perhaps a silver lining of sorts for me from all of this.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Should I even consider?

I dunno.

$0.48 comes out to a little more than $1,000 per year assuming a normal schedule and no OT. On its face that may seem good but you also have to deduct gas milage increase, increased frequency of oil changes, and additional wear and tear on your car. Now that $1,000 is cut down by a lot if your current job is local. You are also now spending an additional 3 hours "on the job" that you are not getting paid for in the form of commute time.

Ask what exactly their benefit package contains and what they contribute to your 401K and compare it with what you may be getting at your current company.

If the job does sound interesting and you want to work there but the pay won't make sense, make a counter offer. You have the upper hand if you are already employed at a job you like in that you really don't have much to lose.