the 100% directionless thread

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I had a tube of toothpaste explode in my bag once... Least everything was mint-y fresh!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Called out to a male passed out in a car. Start trying to wake him up so he can unlock the doors. Walk over to the passenger side and on the seat is about 4 dildos with various other toys. Hard to keep a straight face

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It's been a nice end to my weekend.
8821fa610c90a005b9c50591c4919b03.jpg

Started off with fetch with this retard, then helping the gf study for her basic class,
5e3ad32b3d4e86e392e4100f2d83c4c5.jpg

Them good beer, a nice breeze, and some brush up on advanced airway knowledge. Now more puppy time then sleep lol. Work tomorrow, and my first day in my officially new job title

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
It's been a nice end to my weekend.
8821fa610c90a005b9c50591c4919b03.jpg

Started off with fetch with this retard, then helping the gf study for her basic class,
5e3ad32b3d4e86e392e4100f2d83c4c5.jpg

Them good beer, a nice breeze, and some brush up on advanced airway knowledge. Now more puppy time then sleep lol. Work tomorrow, and my first day in my officially new job title

image.jpeg
Define "good beer", and FWIW, I cannot get this retard to fetch if my life depended on it.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Local brewery (where i was sitting at). Tjey have a great spiced brown ale they are trialling, plus i had a nice crisp pale ale too.
And lol i have not seen one of those guys fetch too much. All three of mine are so high energy they love fetchinh though

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Local brewery (where i was sitting at). Tjey have a great spiced brown ale they are trialling, plus i had a nice crisp pale ale too.
And lol i have not seen one of those guys fetch too much. All three of mine are so high energy they love fetchinh though

Lol, to his credit he does try, but is roughly 90 lbs. of useless lovableness.

Congrats on the new job title, cheers. I'm always searching for new brews to try. I think the darkest I got in terms of beers is Brother Thelonius, but am always open to what's good in others regions. Again, I do enjoy an ice cold bottle of "Texas Tea"...enjoy.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Every time that I think I'm sick of this job, I get a patient that humbles me.

Though I will say that I'm sick of showing up already tired.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
The screen on my Macbook Pro that is only a little over a year old just broke. $700 to replace it at the Apple store. Not very happy. So for the time being I will have to struggle on my Ipad. First world problems

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
IMG_0429.JPG

So wrong yet so funny.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
So my scatterbrainedness never got better. Less than 8 hours of sleep the past two nights does not lead to organized emsing.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
So my scatterbrainedness never got better. Less than 8 hours of sleep the past two nights does not lead to organized emsing.

I hear that. I'm on the back half of a 48. Didn't sleep for the first 27 hours. Doing a lot better after a 5.5 hour nap and carnitas tacos courtesy of our engine crew we share a house with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I hear that. I'm on the back half of a 48. Didn't sleep for the first 27 hours. Doing a lot better after a 5.5 hour nap and carnitas tacos courtesy of our engine crew we share a house with.

I was hoping to be on my way home now to get dinner, but dispatch is holding us over in post and not clearing us. I am jealous of your carnival.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I have to find a new job or I'm going to kill my boss or myself. The thought of going in to work tomorrow is making me physically ill. This is why I left this career in the first place 8 years ago. I can't believe they sucked me back in. I'd love to be working a simple medic shift right now.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I have to find a new job or I'm going to kill my boss or myself. The thought of going in to work tomorrow is making me physically ill. This is why I left this career in the first place 8 years ago. I can't believe they sucked me back in. I'd love to be working a simple medic shift right now.
My offer still stands:D.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I don't think I can get the wife to leave yet. I think I'm going to have to find a medic job (or something else) here.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Haha its still during dispatches "respond on CDF command __" The official name is California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection/ CAL FIRE. My oh my what a mouth full haha.

Think I managed about 2 hours of sleep last night? We were holding the wall at the hospital for 4 hours from on one patient (this is what happens when you bring in a BLS patient into the hospital with a Level II trauma center....and everyone decides to get stabbed in the back...literally, at least 3 or 4 Tier 1 traumas rolled in whilst we were waiting....plus the usual variety of higher priority run-of-the-mill ALS runs....wanted to go to triage, but an elderly patient with a temp of 103 the ER had us wait for a bed...and wait, and wait....), this was like 1800-2200......2300 we're walking back into the same hospital...one of their former trauma patients was walking to the bus stop when he fell and busted the staples in his head and had a good amount of bleeding (that had clotted off and stopped by itself by the time we arrived on scene) and since it was one of theirs we went back....and lo and behold the guy was too unsteady to sit in the triage chair (per the PA there watching us) so we had to go back to the main ER to wait for a bed....and wait another 4 !@#$ hours from 2300-0300 for a bed, even though no other runs were coming in, apparently all the beds were filled from all the previous runs....so we only got to get back to station and sleep from like 03-0500 when we got another call that once again went back to that same hospital....but at least this time we were the ones bringing in the trauma activation patient and got a bed straight away ha. get back to station just after 0700 (which is officially shift change) but our relief wasn't there yet (someone was on a 48 coming from another shift) so we had to hold over an hour for coverage waiting for them to come in....I think I literally hissed at the station phone at one point in time (fortunately just dispatch trying to figure out exactly who was and wasn't there instead of any calls).....

TransportJockey

Forum Chief