the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
It's rampant down here. I'll personally make at least three per shift, and that's just my unit. "WetWet" has some of the most... interesting... effects.

Edit:That's not the one I quoted, but I don't think I'll fix it... @Anjel this was in response to your K2 post.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
As much as I love flight, I miss scene response. Three applications in three states just went out

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
New forum layout? I like it. The General Advertising section looks off though.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
I work in THE most liberal city. Seriously. One of the suburb towns made it legal to shoot down any drones....so during the floods people kept shooting down the disaster relief drones that were being used to assess damage.
Yeah...that's not being done for "liberal" reasons...

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
As much as I love flight, I miss scene response. Three applications in three states just went out
Is your significant other giving you a hard time about that?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Is your significant other giving you a hard time about that?
Nope. I made my choice before I mentioned it.to anyone. I made it clear that I was going to do it either way.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
It's rampant down here. I'll personally make at least three per shift, and that's just my unit. "WetWet" has some of the most... interesting... effects.

Edit:That's not the one I quoted, but I don't think I'll fix it... @Anjel this was in response to your K2 post.

Haha I was reading your post like what the hell do you do at work.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
@Tigger How is 38min for the incline? If it sucks, I'm using the excuse that I live at sea level. I hauled *** down the switchbacks coming down; that was a blast!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.

"Wetwet"? Is that the same as sherm? A blunt dipped in some sort of crap (formaldehyde?) that turns the smoker into a raging bull psychopath?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
"Wetwet"? Is that the same as sherm? A blunt dipped in some sort of crap (formaldehyde?) that turns the smoker into a raging bull psychopath?
Allegedly Wetwet is a blunt laced with PCP. The raging bull psychopath is absolutely correct. The last one was on all fours, screaming, and ramming his head repeatedly into the wall of a parking garage.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
@Tigger How is 38min for the incline? If it sucks, I'm using the excuse that I live at sea level. I hauled *** down the switchbacks coming down; that was a blast!
On a good day that's what I can do it in, I'd say it's pretty much excellent for a sea level person!

The down is the best part no doubt. Lately I've been running down the incline to save time, occasionally it induces vertigo.

Needing to be up by 03:30 for an 05:00 shift and I can't manage to fall asleep...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Huh, so I'm at a written test prep seminar for LAFDs upcoming test and my phone dies near the start of it (no big deal, means I won't get any sudden embarrassing jungles coming from my pocket while in class lol). Well 4 hours later after the class I finally get my phone on the charger and notice I have 16 missed texts from a phone number not saved in my contacts, almost all variations of "Hey" with the last one demanding to know why I don't text them back.

Well it's not the first time my phone lost someone's contact info...so without really doing much more than roll my eyes at the fact there's 16 messages, shoot off a quick message explaining my phone was off for the last 4 hours, oh and hey, my phone lost their contact info, who is it? Even related a story of how recently I got a text from my dad but it just listed the number and I only recognized it because I had to put it down on some of my Army forms last month at drill lol

Didn't think anything much more about it till I got home and noticed they never replied....then I noticed nearly all 16 messages had the same time stamp..I Googled the area code, and it came back as a New Orleans area code...I don't know anyone from there so um yeah... :-/
Needing to be up by 03:30 for an 05:00 shift and I can't manage to fall asleep...
Sympathies, I know that feeling aaallllllllll to well lol

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I will know the feeling tomorrow. My shifts are 5 am - 5 pm right now. The worst time to work!

It's even worse because I just had a bunch of days off. I had 6/6-10 off, worked 6/11, and had 6/12-6/17 off. I'll be back on for 6/18-6/21. I'll have just 6/22 off. I'll work again 6/23-6/26. I'll have 6/27-7/1 off. I love doing shift trades so I can get a bunch of days off in a row without my paycheck suffering. Had a bunch of extra days off this week cause I used paid time off to take a 3 day motorcycle class.

I wish my normal schedule was 7 days on and 7 days off. I also wouldn't mind doing x3 16 hour shifts if it meant getting 4 days off every week. 3 days off or less is just not enough time for me - feeling wise. I really don't need the days off for anything specific. I just lounge around a lot. Refresh EMTLife all day. Write really long posts when I can. I like my days off.

Last edited:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
The down is the best part no doubt. Lately I've been running down the incline to save time, occasionally it induces vertigo.
Yeah, you're crazy. I tried to run down about 50 meters and thought I was going to slip and die with every step...