the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Black cloud is back in force now that I'm not with a FTO anymore.

Airways on patients than hang themselves are a nightmare. That is all.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Just won a trip to LA! To see the American Music Awards next month.

Soooo excited.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Went to a Lightning hockey game last night. First hockey game in at least twenty years. Won tickets from a radio show. Awesome time.

Anjel

Forum Angel

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Preceptor: "hey, what would you do if this patient had a seizure right now?"

Me: "versed 2.5 IV or 5 IM"

Preceptor: "cool"

About 5 minutes after he said that

Me: "hey you know that versed we were talking about? Yeah can you get it out because she is starting to seize"

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
bc0f087e3b7b00f93e0d920247ff3da0.jpg
My first stethoscope. (That is not from school )

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Game 7!

Go Giants!

LAKings67

Forum Probie
So I finally got on the "list" for AMR Riverside. Since being on the list for 2 months already. I have moved up a few spots. As I get closer to actually doing the 2 week orientation I am getting a lot of good info regarding the process. I have heard that during the 2 week process there are tests daily. Heard it's pretty basic I'm not worried about that. I was more curious on how they do "mapping" and map tests. Is it they give you some streets and its fill in the other streets or more of a hands on in the rig? Just wondering.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So I finally got on the "list" for AMR Riverside. Since being on the list for 2 months already. I have moved up a few spots. As I get closer to actually doing the 2 week orientation I am getting a lot of good info regarding the process. I have heard that during the 2 week process there are tests daily. Heard it's pretty basic I'm not worried about that. I was more curious on how they do "mapping" and map tests. Is it they give you some streets and its fill in the other streets or more of a hands on in the rig? Just wondering.
Unless things have changed from when I did the orientation the riverside county guys did not have a mapping test until the field training time. And there weren't tests daily for us (there were maybe 5 tests total). However my info is almost 4 years old.

LAKings67

Forum Probie
Unless things have changed from when I did the orientation the riverside county guys did not have a mapping test until the field training time. And there weren't tests daily for us (there were maybe 5 tests total). However my info is almost 4 years old.
Sounds good. Yeah a guy I know worked for them close to 2 years ago. Info sounds about right. But like you said things may have changed since.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Sweet, just got the email, officially slotted to take the written test for San Diego Fire-Rescue in December. Cool part is that's it's only like two days before my Army Reserve units drill dates, and since my unit is in San Diego, I can head down for the test, then chill out for a day and a half, then go to drill no worries. I like it, feels like a good omen.

Sweet, just got the email, officially slotted to take the written test for San Diego Fire-Rescue in December. Cool part is that's it's only like two days before my Army Reserve units drill dates, and since my unit is in San Diego, I can head down for the test, then chill out for a day and a half, then go to drill no worries. I like it, feels like a good omen.

I just relocated from San Diego and go figure they invite me to test. As well as I know the San Diego system, I'm going to pass on the fire recruit test. I like where I'm at currently.