the 100% directionless thread

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone know anything about 10yr work history for an application? I had a couple of summer jobs way back that I have no interest in listing, and never have, but wondering if it's different with a government application (as in can they find that information if I don't list it).

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone know anything about 10yr work history for an application? I had a couple of summer jobs way back that I have no interest in listing, and never have, but wondering if it's different with a government application (as in can they find that information if I don't list it).
Call the IRS, and request ask your W2s. Let your recruiter know the set back too.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Swift water training was an eye opener today. Also I think I have about a gallon of water in my sinuses.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Swift water training was an eye opener today. Also I think I have about a gallon of water in my sinuses.
Watch out for the fire ant balls... [emoji21]

JPINFV

Gadfly
Sigh...

Dear EM intern that's on the medicine team with me... keep thinking that busting into a room yelling out orders is the same thing as actually treating patients... because, you know, your attendings do a ton of yelling in the ED...

Angel

Paramedic
Supposedly you can also get this info from the social security office. But yea you want to list it because your background investigator will have access to it and it'll make it look like you're hiding something.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Watch out for the fire ant balls... [emoji21]

Reason 9863686 why I never want to go to Texas.

There is only one big reason why I would go, but I'd make it quick and hightail my butt back to Michigan lol

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
2 calls and 2 emergent transports to the ER so far today. Bradycardia at a rate of 20 and a stroke. I'm not liking this at all

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Had a young teenage guy tonight who tried to kill himself by slitting his throat, what a shame ... and a mess!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I've had 9 calls during my 2 shifts so far. Every single one signed a release...
This is for my EMT job. For medic internship I have had somewhere around ~25 calls and 12 ALS patient contacts in 72 hours

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the occasional throw down with combative substance abuse patients...

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the occasional throw down with combative substance abuse patients...

well let's wrastle then.
article-1071029-02EA488900000578-575_468x581.jpg

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
This is for my EMT job. For medic internship I have had somewhere around ~25 calls and 12 ALS patient contacts in 72 hours
We had 4 TC's today. :(

Three days off before the new jobs starts and I'm almost 100% unpacked. Now what to do.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Just got home from a 24 hour shift yesterday. Started at 0700 yesterday, first call wasn't until 1:30 in the afternoon, by the time we got relieved at 0700 this morning we had 13 runs in the logbook. Only transported 6 of those, had 6 cleared on scene and 1 cancelled enroute, transported 3 emergent (including one trauma transfer and one that was a full blown STEMI, sorry don't have a 12 lead copy lol). Still feels weird pulling up to our base hospital to pick up a patient to transfer to another hospital, it's not exactly a little hole in the wall "doc in a box" what with a 30+ bed ED that's approved for pediatrics (EDAP), a STEMI receiving center, an Approved Stroke Center, NICU, Perinatal and nearly every other service we could want...except for Trauma center so we had to drive the ~6 miles to the level II trauma center next town over...Why the transfer necessitated a fire department response at 5 in the morning over an ALS (or even CCT) unit from one of the privates that has a major transport contract (considering I worked on a CCT shift for said company a year ago I know for a fact they have at least 3 CCT units probably doing nothing more than just sitting waiting for a call, or heck a medic ambulance would've been just as good as a fire engine and ambulance for a hospital to hospital transfer, but I'm starting to ramble....think I'll go play some Arkham Origins until my coffee energy drink thing wears off and I can get a bit of shut eye since I only got ~4 hours between calls last night (and now you know why I'm rambling :p

Anjel

Forum Angel
^^^ that was a whole bunch of ramble lol