the 100% directionless thread

DaniGrrl

Forum Lieutenant
It's in NC, Ft Bragg. If you search for emt on usajobs.gov it will come up.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
You can take the ICU job.

Think I'm gonna take a dispatch one.

Well you too? I am interviewing for county emergency service dispatch hopefully the end of this month.

So now all I have to do is become a reserve deputy and I'll be in fire/rescue/EMS, ambulance based EMS, law enforcement and dispatch. Lol. Not really. I'm way to busy to add law. And I don't really want to anyhow.

Why am I just going on and on. I need to go to sleep.......

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I know I say this way too often but...

I'm done with games.

Sasha

Forum Chief
This just in: reaper is a WHACKER who carries a jump kit :)

Sasha

Forum Chief
I love how you embrace your whackerness not deny it.... My whacker <3

Sasha

Forum Chief
Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
NC my home town! And they are hiring around Fayetteville and surrounding counties!

Might look into that :) I've been poking around NC EMS about reciprocity and it seems pretty laid back compared to some states I've seen :) One of the perks about the DOD jobs I've been applying to is as long as I'm NREMT they don't care if I'm state certified where I'm applying

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I know I say this way too often but...

I'm done with games.

Games? I like games... unless they're certain types in a catagory I'm horrible at (which I know you are horrible at as well)

mct601

RN/NRP
Oil standbys are getting old. Don't have a day off till Monday and very little sleep every night. Sucks living an hour from work.

And my 5.11 boots are tearing :(

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Well you too? I am interviewing for county emergency service dispatch hopefully the end of this month.

So now all I have to do is become a reserve deputy and I'll be in fire/rescue/EMS, ambulance based EMS, law enforcement and dispatch. Lol. Not really. I'm way to busy to add law. And I don't really want to anyhow.

Why am I just going on and on. I need to go to sleep.......

I have a friend who is in the military, works as a cop, dispatcher, volunteer firefighter / EMT, volunteer SAR...

He's nuts but definitely smart as hell and has the best stories.

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
Might look into that :) I've been poking around NC EMS about reciprocity and it seems pretty laid back compared to some states I've seen :) One of the perks about the DOD jobs I've been applying to is as long as I'm NREMT they don't care if I'm state certified where I'm applying

The only thing I like about NC is my family is there. Thats it been there done that. However it is a great place to work trust me in Fayetteville and Ft Bragg you will be busy! Hey check out www.capefearvalley.com that is the hospital with ems with it. They pay excellent and I got connection I can hook you up with if you are interested. Also got connections at Ft Bragg.

Last edited by a moderator:

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
When I first opened my in ground, 9' pool a month ago, the water was 76 degrees. I thought it was a little chilly. Tolerable, but chilly. I thought it would be nice if the water warmed up to whre it feels neutral when you jump in. Not warm, not cold, but almost like you don't notice that you're even in water. I found this temp to be about 86 or 87 degrees. The problem is, we hit a high of 97, and the pool went from 86 to 88 today. It doesn't even cool you off. We did a RIT drill in full gear, on air, at an abandoned Circuit City store in the 92 degree heat yesterday. I was looking forward to using the pool, not knowing it would be so warm. Lucky for us, we bought my daughter a slip & slide, and the hose water is about 76 degrees.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I was just bored so I logged into Acadian Ambulance's career site. My Orange County TX application was just updated to 'schedule interview'. It will be nice if something goes right this week

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I was just bored so I logged into Acadian Ambulance's career site. My Orange County TX application was just updated to 'schedule interview'. It will be nice if something goes right this week

Hmph... they've been wanting me to schedule an interview with them for a Paramedic position in Beaumont... haven't gotten back to them yet though. I don't really feel like driving 3 hours to Louisiana to interview for a job quite yet.

Good luck with the interview!

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm still actually waiting to hear from them, but it most likely won't be till tomorrow at the earliest. And you think 3 hours is bad? :p

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
It is when I already have a paying job that will let me transfer to a 911 gig in a couple more months ^_^

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
good point. I also just got a call for an interview as a tech at a dialysis clinic down in Durango