the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Interesting. I worked with a new paramedic a few days ago who had difficulty in assembling our new Pulmodyne CPAP. I sent a note to our field training supervisor that we need to retrain or refresh all of the medics on how this equipment works.

Now, apparently I'm the prick that threw the new medic under the bus and caused remediation.

Yeah. Gotta love politics.

Maybe from now on, I shouldn't care so much. "You're doing it wrong, not my problem."

Dude, we all know you're a prick, that's one of the reasons you're here :p But in all honesty, if they're having issues assembling that simple of a piece of equipment, maybe some retraining is exactly what is needed.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hmm... if I decide to not stay in ABQ where do I want to move to? Las Cruces, NM, Lubbock, TX; or Abilene, TX? Lol I'm trying to stay within about 4 hours of Pecos, TX for the time being.

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Hmm... if I decide to not stay in ABQ where do I want to move to? Las Cruces, NM, Lubbock, TX; or Abilene, TX? Lol I'm trying to stay within about 4 hours of Pecos, TX for the time being.

Juarez!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

I'd say Abilene. A decent amount of things to do there, college town, and other major cities aren't too far away.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'd say Abilene. A decent amount of things to do there, college town, and other major cities aren't too far away.

That's kinda what I'm leaning toward... plus there's a rotor base there once i finally meet the magic number of years experience.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Glad to hear it went bueno, Rob!
Transport, I'd go to the flight place. I know I've seen posts from you saying that's what you want to do, then get your foot in!

Well... This is getting a little nerve racking now. I'm falling hard for this girl I've been talking to for a month or so now... Really hard, actually. Like to where I get anxiety after a day or two of not talking (Yes, I know I'm needy... It's been pointed out).
Only thing holding me back... She has a kid. This is the scariest thought of my life... but I think I'm going to give it a shot. Not sure that's something I want to deal with at 19, but...

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Just don't call this one a drug addict....

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Glad to hear it went bueno, Rob!
Transport, I'd go to the flight place. I know I've seen posts from you saying that's what you want to do, then get your foot in!

Well... This is getting a little nerve racking now. I'm falling hard for this girl I've been talking to for a month or so now... Really hard, actually. Like to where I get anxiety after a day or two of not talking (Yes, I know I'm needy... It's been pointed out).
Only thing holding me back... She has a kid. This is the scariest thought of my life... but I think I'm going to give it a shot. Not sure that's something I want to deal with at 19, but...

Actually all three places have flight opportunities. Abilene has AirEvac Lifeteam, Cruces has Native Air, Elite Med Transport, and driving distance to Tristate CareFlight. Lubbock has a flight team there as well. And the job I'm going to in Pecos has a flight component too.

As for the girl.. Dude, if things had worked differently when I moved back to NM I would have helped the girl I was in love with raise her daughter. It's a huge committment, but it's very worth it. I still wish everything hadn't happened back then, as I miss that little girl a lot.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
All is well, thanks for the thoughts folks.

I'm still baffled how the first ortho group missed this...

2.75 hour surgery with "extensive" repairs to posterior and inferior labrum. Also repaired both the infra and supraspinatuses and worked on every aspect of the rotator cuff.

If you're gonna do it do it big I guess.
Brother, I'm glad it went well. I hope that you get back to work soon.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Just don't call this one a drug addict....
That is probably a good idea! I didn't mean too, it was just an overreaction. One that I hope people forget soon! That really was the end of it. I'm still seeing her, it's just not working out. Unsurprisingly.
Actually all three places have flight opportunities. Abilene has AirEvac Lifeteam, Cruces has Native Air, Elite Med Transport, and driving distance to Tristate CareFlight. Lubbock has a flight team there as well. And the job I'm going to in Pecos has a flight component too.

As for the girl.. Dude, if things had worked differently when I moved back to NM I would have helped the girl I was in love with raise her daughter. It's a huge committment, but it's very worth it. I still wish everything hadn't happened back then, as I miss that little girl a lot.
I see. I know a couple guys with native 6, same company? They all enjoy it a lot.
And I don't know! I feel like it could be worth it. Most down to earth, straightforward girl I've ever met. I feel like I've had issues just committing to a girl before now... Then straight to a family basically. Something I need to figure out though.
I'm meeting the kid Sunday so I guess that'll be the do or die.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Interesting. I worked with a new paramedic a few days ago who had difficulty in assembling our new Pulmodyne CPAP. I sent a note to our field training supervisor that we need to retrain or refresh all of the medics on how this equipment works.

Now, apparently I'm the prick that threw the new medic under the bus and caused remediation.

Yeah. Gotta love politics.

Maybe from now on, I shouldn't care so much. "You're doing it wrong, not my problem."

You're the prick that's forcing the training officers to do actual work.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That is probably a good idea! I didn't mean too, it was just an overreaction. One that I hope people forget soon! That really was the end of it. I'm still seeing her, it's just not working out. Unsurprisingly.

I see. I know a couple guys with native 6, same company? They all enjoy it a lot.
And I don't know! I feel like it could be worth it. Most down to earth, straightforward girl I've ever met. I feel like I've had issues just committing to a girl before now... Then straight to a family basically. Something I need to figure out though.
I'm meeting the kid Sunday so I guess that'll be the do or die.

Good luck brother. You'll need it :p

And I think so. Native is owned by Air Methods, so it's a rather large company.... Around here we used to have Native Air, Omniflight, and Southwest Medivac (all three same company owned).... but some time back they merged all the names into Omniflight Native Air, then got bought by Air Methods. Not to mention the other separate agencies in the area.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Good luck brother. You'll need it :p

And I think so. Native is owned by Air Methods, so it's a rather large company.... Around here we used to have Native Air, Omniflight, and Southwest Medivac (all three same company owned).... but some time back they merged all the names into Omniflight Native Air, then got bought by Air Methods. Not to mention the other separate agencies in the area.
Kaiden's only 2 years-ish I think, so it shouldn't be too bad. It'll just be the time where I think I'll realize if it's something that I'm willing to commit too or if I get cold feet.

Ahhh, my bad. It is just native air. Just sent one a text and asked (now I wish I would've googled, cause I feel stupid). That's just the name of the station. Always thought it was Native 6 since that is what I always see on the one's shirt. :rofl: Great guys, though. If they're any indication on how the company is, they all know their stuff pretty damn well. Learned so many things that I never would've thought of before from those two.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Time to go home, take a nap... and decide if I want to run out the remainder of an incident in the field, or just try and make clean break when I get off the radio.

Usually I have a good notion of what I want to do... This time I'm still at a loss.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
EMS Math 101:

DOA+not found for >1 week+trailer heater stuck on high for interior temp>100 degrees= a bad day