the 100% directionless thread

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Ugh Registry taking forever is not making me happy. I need that registry card asap so Texas can finish processing my application and my new job won't let me start till I have registry on hand

I absolutely hate the NR.

I can't think of another profession that has to repeat an abbreviated version of their entire original education every other year. I also can't think of one that disallows you from recertifying just because you happen to be between jobs when your recert date falls.

I had to let me NR go a year ago because I was too busy with CRNA school to work with any ALS agency, even prn. But of course, you have to be "active" with an "ALS agency" in order to recertify with the NR.....

This is the second time I've lost my NR because I wasn't working as a paramedic when it was time to recert. The first time I had left my job just a few months before and was working in an ICU, enrolled in a BSN program, and was going back to work shortly for a 911/CCT company. I took about 4 months off from EMS but because March of my recert year just happened to fall during that period, I lost my card.

So the slob who only runs a few calls a year and hasn't taken any real education at all since he finished paramedic school 10 years ago is fine to recert as long as he keeps his job with "Low Acuity, Low Volume EMS Squad" and pencil whips the CME form, but someone like me who is taking time off from EMS to study graduate level physiology, pharmacology, airway management, ultrasound, etc is SOL and has to go through the whole stupid process for a THIRD TIME if I want to get my card back.

Yeah, makes tons of sense.

End rant.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Well then... Not what I expected.
First time I've asked a chick out in person ever. Always hid behind the phone.
Ask her and says she's busy that day and takes a call and just asks "what time are you at work tomorrow?"
Tell her and I get that well figure it out then... Is that a yes, no, maybe so... Just leave me hanging for a whole day... Haha

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That time of the season when the supervisors start calling and offering OT and DT to pick up shifts.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That time of the season when the supervisors start calling and offering OT and DT to pick up shifts.

I finally called and asked to be removed from the paging grid. I was tired of 10 pages a day looking for medics.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Hola. Been gone for a while. Busy with medic class and the baby. Hope to change my provider to level paramedic after skills next saturday

Anjel

Forum Angel
Hola. Been gone for a while. Busy with medic class and the baby. Hope to change my provider to level paramedic after skills next saturday

Yay!!!!! Good luck my friend. And congrats!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I think my girl may be pregnant...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Lol wow...

Rin

Forum Captain
Ugh Registry taking forever is not making me happy. I need that registry card asap so Texas can finish processing my application and my new job won't let me start till I have registry on hand

I just got my new card in the mail. I did a last second recert-by-exam too. Have you checked your status on the site recently?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just got my new card in the mail. I did a last second recert-by-exam too. Have you checked your status on the site recently?

Yep. Got a signature page in the mail friday evening for me to sign. Apparently I forgot to sign it. So they should get it back Monday and hopefully they'll process it quick. As long as it shows on the website I can print my new card and be happy

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Did not plan in ending the day being the first people on scene of a MCI

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member