the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Running at the beach today. It's all "I don't feel well" calls.

If I have to smash and bash my way through beach traffic, let's at least go for something good...

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Still on the couch. Omg.

Our department hosts bicyclists on the transamerica trail. They are allowed to camp out back of the station and use the bathrooms. Today it's raining, so they are in the banquet hall upstairs.

Largest group I've ever seen: 50 of them. And we haven't done a single call all day.

11 more hours.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Even though I already knew what was going to happen (I don't mind spoilers all too much), tonight's Game of Thrones had me...
tumblr_inline_mnesxkN9l21qz4rgp.gif

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Even though I already knew what was going to happen (I don't mind spoilers all too much), tonight's Game of Thrones had me...
tumblr_inline_mnesxkN9l21qz4rgp.gif

Is he bitting a bar of soap?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Not fun at all, imagine working a 48 hr schedule with no calls lol

I start crawling the walls after like 3-4 hours without a run or post change.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Contemplating starting to build a standup freestyle jet ski... No production models anymore :( problem is there are only certain places you can ride at.

Gotta get my throttle fix during the summer! Sit down skis are cool but they get old pretty quick.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Contemplating starting to build a standup freestyle jet ski... No production models anymore :( problem is there are only certain places you can ride at.

Gotta get my throttle fix during the summer! Sit down skis are cool but they get old pretty quick.

Look for an older X2

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Look for an older X2

I'm all ears for anything you've got. Been doing quite a bit of reading, don't know a ton about them though. They just look like something that I know I'd fall in love with.

Was thinking about a SuperJet but I also toyed with the idea of buying an old junky one to make sure I'm right about loving it then buying a SuperFreak hull and building a custom flat water one. Unfortunately no 2-stroke motors on the lake we boat on mostly so I'd have to go elsewhere but whatever.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Forget the no calls. The dam broke.

Yesterday at work I transported a little 91 yo lady with rapid afib. She was basically asymptomatic and we chatted all the way to the hospital. She worked in airplane manufacturing during WWII, had 7 kids, generally a neat lady.

Just now I took her again. She was discharged with no instructions or diagnosis yesterday, no trouble through the day, and at 11pm had a sudden onset of hr in the 180s, chest pain and shortness of breath. Slightly hypotensive, but I never like to shock people who are awake. I tried the valsalva maneuver, and she BRADY'D to asystole!!! Omg, I just killed Rosie the riveter!

It didn't last long, I just bagged her back up but that was a long 3 minutes.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Forget the no calls. The dam broke.

Yesterday at work I transported a little 91 yo lady with rapid afib. She was basically asymptomatic and we chatted all the way to the hospital. She worked in airplane manufacturing during WWII, had 7 kids, generally a neat lady.

Just now I took her again. She was discharged with no instructions or diagnosis yesterday, no trouble through the day, and at 11pm had a sudden onset of hr in the 180s, chest pain and shortness of breath. Slightly hypotensive, but I never like to shock people who are awake. I tried the valsalva maneuver, and she BRADY'D to asystole!!! Omg, I just killed Rosie the riveter!

It didn't last long, I just bagged her back up but that was a long 3 minutes.

Wow lol. Least the outcome was good?

Had a neat CCT earlier. Patient went to er for angioedema. In the ER he suddenly became very short of breath and an emergency cric was done. They couldn't ventilate thru the cric due to the swelling. Pulmonologist happened to be in house and nasally intubated with a camera in one nares and tube in the other. He said the cords were folded on top of each other. We took the pt over to a diff hospital for ENT services.

I've never seen angioedema that bad.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I start crawling the walls after like 3-4 hours without a run or post change.

Things get a little better with a station, that's for sure.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Wow lol. Least the outcome was good?

Had a neat CCT earlier. Patient went to er for angioedema. In the ER he suddenly became very short of breath and an emergency cric was done. They couldn't ventilate thru the cric due to the swelling. Pulmonologist happened to be in house and nasally intubated with a camera in one nares and tube in the other. He said the cords were folded on top of each other. We took the pt over to a diff hospital for ENT services.

I've never seen angioedema that bad.

Yikes.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
First day at semi sketchy private company. Lez do dis.