the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I've slept on an ambulance bench seat more times than I can count. Not too shabby really:)

Agreed.

I toss my Thomas Pack against the back cabinet, fold the shoulder straps around so thy aren't in the way then add a pillow in front of that. Makes for a golden reclined position to iPad it up.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Agreed.

I toss my Thomas Pack against the back cabinet, fold the shoulder straps around so thy aren't in the way then add a pillow in front of that. Makes for a golden reclined position to iPad it up.

I've been known to use an extra large vacuum splint to create a makeshift cocoon that I couldn't roll off in my sleep. With certain snoring partners, the only other alternative would have been to hogtie them and strap on the CPAP.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
You guys have time to sleep!

Between runs and SSM im lucky to get time to eat

ETA: I slept for 2 hours on the bench seat while riding as a student the other night. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I simply refuse to let calls interfere with my beauty rest. Gotta keep your priorities straight!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Ahh yes. The days of SSM. I remember them fondly. Contorting my legs under the dash of the ford vanbulance... Getting out of the truck, all hunched over like a question mark with feet.

That sucks.

By the way, I'm laying in my bunk, in the station, with the fan on... Oh, and we had pulled pork and steamed shrimp for dinner tonight at a fire house fund raiser.

Yawn. Life is rough.

Remember, every time an SSM paramedic has to move posts, God kills a kitten.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Hopefully ill get my medic in october so at least ill be in the passenger seat for post moves.

Even better, I hope to be at a 911 only county service with beds and better insurance for the minion arriving around the same time.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

I've been part of a lot of deaths of kittens then :lol:

rmabrey - I usually don't have time. Average 10-12 calls in a 12. The spatch has been pretty nice to me lately after their issues they had last week.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Ahh yes. The days of SSM. I remember them fondly. Contorting my legs under the dash of the ford vanbulance... Getting out of the truck, all hunched over like a question mark with feet.

I laughed at the visual. Way harder than I should have

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

That sucks.

By the way, I'm laying in my bunk, in the station, with the fan on... Oh, and we had pulled pork and steamed shrimp for dinner tonight at a fire house fund raiser.

Yawn. Life is rough.

SSM posting isn't too bad when your only 5'6". I can easily get comfortable in the good ole' ford vanbulances.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Got a positive shoutout from the ops manager for coming up early.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
First day with my FTO at new service tomorrow... nervous...

Into of it all I can't find my own monitor to bring with me, any suggestions?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
First day with my FTO at new service tomorrow... nervous...

Into of it all I can't find my own monitor to bring with me, any suggestions?

You have to bring a monitor?

Achilles

Forum Moron
Vicodin has some weird side affects, fortunately I've been able to sleep through most of them. But I've had some WEIRD dreams. :wacko:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Amazing

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368914635.280380.jpg

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I really laughed out loud when I read that. :rofl:

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Today, I reversed advanced COPD with timely BiPAP and Albuterol/Atrovent, fluid-resuscitated a dude who dehydrated himself and popped three nitros simultaneously, nailed a stroke off of hypertension and progressively worsening facial droop, then turned around to pick up and pace a symptomatic bradycardic 3rd degree new-onset heart block and paced him back from the bottom of the drain. 3rd degree, bradyd to 20 from 60, paced + fluid, developed a hideous bundle-branch block with intermittent bouts of asystole without pacing in ER. Doc used my 4-lead to diagnose, cath lab from our encounter in 36 minutes.
62 yo M syncopal after working out, extensive cardiac history, no chest pain or SHOB, initially reluctant to allow assessment. Turned into a CTD moment. Warm, pale, very diaphoretic, weak and "I feel faint".

First pace ever, I feel awesome!

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Today, I reversed advanced COPD with timely BiPAP and Albuterol/Atrovent, fluid-resuscitated a dude who dehydrated himself and popped three nitros simultaneously, nailed a stroke off of hypertension and progressively worsening facial droop, then turned around to pick up and pace a symptomatic bradycardic 3rd degree new-onset heart block and paced him back from the bottom of the drain. 3rd degree, bradyd to 20 from 60, paced + fluid, developed a hideous bundle-branch block with intermittent bouts of asystole without pacing in ER. Doc used my 4-lead to diagnose, cath lab from our encounter in 36 minutes.
62 yo M syncopal after working out, extensive cardiac history, no chest pain or SHOB, initially reluctant to allow assessment. Turned into a CTD moment. Warm, pale, very diaphoretic, weak and "I feel faint".

First pace ever, I feel awesome!

What an awesome day! Hopefully the EMS gods don't use that as karma against you and send you GI bleeds for the next few weeks. Don't worry, I'm knocking on wood as I type this.