the 100% directionless thread

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I had a family member blame me for a patient's death today, supposedly with "blood on my hands" because we didn't do enough to save dad who died from respiratory failure secondary to COPD, severe ischemic heart disease oh and that cardiac arrest he had.

I hereby proclaim a severe displeasure and extreme dislike of cardiac arrests!

I mean it's not like it was a huge major and I've had far worse happen but not a nice way to end the day.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
I had a family member blame me for a patient's death today, supposedly with "blood on my hands" because we didn't do enough to save dad who died from respiratory failure secondary to COPD, severe ischemic heart disease oh and that cardiac arrest he had.

I hereby proclaim a severe displeasure and extreme dislike of cardiac arrests!

I mean it's not like it was a huge major and I've had far worse happen but not a nice way to end the day.

Ouch, sounds like a rough call. Feel better. Remember people say things they don't mean when emotional.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
That was a good footbal game last night. Rather interesting, but still a good game.

Oh, and Joe Flacco is Mr. Icy Calm...good grief.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
That farmer ad was ridiculous. All that for a Dodge Ram?

It was Dodge's attempt to outdo Chrysler's commercial of last year.

I thought the commercial was great, right up till the end when it showed the Dodge truck. I was seriously hoping it was going to be about farmers and getting the country going again or something, but when I saw the Dodge truck in the middle I knew it wasn't.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Ugh I feel so run down.

Just wish I had a day where I don't have anything to do. I'm of to school today and then work then school again. Won't get to go home till tomorrow at 7pm.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Finally this shift is over. No more bls nights for me.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Ugh I feel so run down.

Just wish I had a day where I don't have anything to do. I'm of to school today and then work then school again. Won't get to go home till tomorrow at 7pm.

Damn Anjel, get some sleep between calls.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I picked up an extra 12 hours Saturday night, and then worked Sunday. In 36 hours, we only did one run. That's about as close to doing absolutely nothing as you can get. Let me tell you, it made for a really long shift, too.

I thought the commercial was great, right up till the end when it showed the Dodge truck. I was seriously hoping it was going to be about farmers and getting the country going again or something, but when I saw the Dodge truck in the middle I knew it wasn't.

I felt the same way about it.

Achilles

Forum Moron

It wasn't a Dodge!!!!!
It was a Ram!
And the commercial was quite annoying.

med51fl

Forum Lieutenant
You know that moment when you are trying to explain to a "paramedic" why they should not be giving aspirin to a 17 yo female who is 3 months pregnant c/o chest pain after coughing all week and their reason is "because the protocol says all chest pains get aspirin"...I just had that moment. :blink:

Sometimes I wish pistol-whipping wasn't frowned upon.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I just got offered a position and a preceptor for one of the area EMS programs. The plan is to have us on the truck by March 1, so now to go jump through all the new hire hoops. Physical tomorrow and then orientations days on next Tuesday and the following Wednesday.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Look out East Texas. This guy is a real paramedic. Schooled by the best at ALERT. Precepted by the greatest crew in history, Medic 31, A-Shift, (The Dream Team.) And now released to his own truck.

Yikes. Scary.

And I am working my first shift in......about an hour and 35 minutes.... :ph34r:

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Today I noticed the one-a-day gummy vitamins for adults. I turned the bottle to read what vitamins are in it, because I need to be careful of how much of a certain vitamin I ingest. Apparently the gummy vitamins aren't really one-a-day because the serving size is 2.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Home sweet home.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 6294_110416268230_1246468_n.jpg
    6294_110416268230_1246468_n.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 247

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Today I noticed the one-a-day gummy vitamins for adults. I turned the bottle to read what vitamins are in it, because I need to be careful of how much of a certain vitamin I ingest. Apparently the gummy vitamins aren't really one-a-day because the serving size is 2.

Haha, I saw the same thing. I think they've kind of lost track of their brand. :rofl:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Nothing like a good old fashion wrestle to begin the night.