the 100% directionless thread

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Ouch, sounds like the best way to spend your weekend.

I am going to peer through the tramadol haze and assume you are joking, no, its not very fun at all.

I should be all done and back to normal hopefully by Tuesday; unlike my mum who had one of the massive old school open appendectomies in the 1980s where she couldn't walk for a week afterwards.

There is a lady next to me who is in for surgical drainage of an infected toe; she is 84 and it is her birthday today. She doesn't know where she is and seems to have forgotten who her husband and son are. All things considered I think I would rather be me right now.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Sounds like you are trying to turn it into a learning experience. :) Good on ya! Having been under the knife myself, I know exactly how you feel. Interestingly enough, I remember the exact same thing about going under. I was borderline terrified, even through the Versed, but the CRNA or whoever it was was so calm and relaxed and kind. I'll never forget that part, how all that mattered to me right then was that someone cared and was willing to hold my hand.

And it was amazing to watch it all from the other side while doing OR rotations during paramedic school. As much as I hated having that surgery (especially the going under part) it gave me a much better understanding of what those folks I was about tube were feeling.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Has anyone here done the StraightTalk $45/month unlimited plan with an iPhone 4S? I'm thinking about it, and the reviews look good... Just curious if anyone here as taken the plunge.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Has anyone here done the StraightTalk $45/month unlimited plan with an iPhone 4S? I'm thinking about it, and the reviews look good... Just curious if anyone here as taken the plunge.

what about data?

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Sounds like you are trying to turn it into a learning experience. :) Good on ya! Having been under the knife myself, I know exactly how you feel. Interestingly enough, I remember the exact same thing about going under. I was borderline terrified, even through the Versed, but the CRNA or whoever it was was so calm and relaxed and kind. I'll never forget that part, how all that mattered to me right then was that someone cared and was willing to hold my hand.

And it was amazing to watch it all from the other side while doing OR rotations during paramedic school. As much as I hated having that surgery (especially the going under part) it gave me a much better understanding of what those folks I was about tube were feeling.

I remember sitting up on the OR table and asking what the leather strap over my legs were for. The techs didn't appreciate the question and asked me to lie back down. Thankfully I don't remember the rest of the appendectomy!

Vomitting afterwards hurt a tad.though...poor nurse, I tried to tell her that little kidney basin wasn't going to cut it, but no one listens to turtle. LOL

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
what about data?

Apparently, it's still unlimited and works just fine. My ex has the straight talk unlimited on her straight talk phone... I wish I would have known that before I sold my iPhone 3gs :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So my medic today doesn't understand the point that patients can refuse any treatment they want. Lady doesn't want an IV but he says "we have to".

A minor MVC/TC with a patient walking around on scene PTA with a complaint of hand pain and he wants to backboard the patient. The patient states "I'll go to the hospital but I don't want to go on that thing". Medic states "it's our policy to backboard patients who were involved in MVC/TCs." Patient ends up signing AMA. It's pretty bad when my assessment is better then the medic :sad:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

I've got it on my Galaxy. No complaints so far. I simply love the fact that the data is unlimited. I'm pretty sure I would hit my limit in one day at work otherwise.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'm thinking about giving it a go this week. I'm running iOS 6, and that hasn't been jail broken yet.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Vomitting afterwards hurt a tad.though...poor nurse, I tried to tell her that little kidney basin wasn't going to cut it, but no one listens to turtle. LOL

I've filled up two basins with horrendous green watery stuff with chunky bits and yeah that hurt a bit. They wanted to send me home about 30 minutes prior to this because apparently I was fine, yeah, about that ...

My tummy is still sore and tender but other than that I am OK, I can walk slowly.

I am never going to live this down.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I've filled up two basins with horrendous green watery stuff with chunky bits and yeah that hurt a bit. They wanted to send me home about 30 minutes prior to this because apparently I was fine, yeah, about that ...

My tummy is still sore and tender but other than that I am OK, I can walk slowly.

I am never going to live this down.

Just wait till everything suddenly becomes funny and you can't keep from laughing!

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I've had lots of tramadol and never had a "haze".

That's one of the benefits of it. No haze

Well it was something between the tramadol, codeine, paracetamol, ondansetron, buscopan, morphine and entonox that I got a bit of a haze/blurry period from. Not that I am complaining, most of the weekend went pretty quick!

Just wait till everything suddenly becomes funny and you can't keep from laughing!

Never had that.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
what I meant was that everything is funny because it now hurts to laugh. Therefore you can no longer help yourself.

Yeah, it does kinda hurt a bit to laugh now, oh well, I will chuckle on the inside for the next few days

Just wait till you hit that nitrous

Actually I had very little entonox, it is a demand valve driven medical gas so only works if you take deep breaths on it which I couldn't do because it intensified the pain in my tummy.

If a patient is in very severe pain entonox is only a "try this while we get an IV into you and give you some morphine" thing anyway.