the 100% directionless thread

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Got my iPhone 5. And an OtterBox (I miss the old ones, FYI). Now just waiting for it to synchronize.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
You have CHUCK NORRIS for a patient?

He actually looked somewhat like Chuck Norris...if Chuck Norris was 420lbs.

My other patient was getting septic and had a BP if 78/42 for 2 hours before the Dr finally gave me an order for a "250ml Bolus of NS @ 100 mL/hr". Why even bother?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
So I'm re-varnishing/staining the deck and there I am, tears running down my face and I'm choking on fumes. My little sister comes up and asks why I am crying. So I say:

"Well, the smell is so strong that it makes me cry because it burns my eyes."

Her: "Oh. Well, I like the smell. Its a happy smell." And the goes skipping off into the yard.

Well, no wonder people huff that stuff. :ph34r:

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
Got my iPhone 5. And an OtterBox (I miss the old ones, FYI). Now just waiting for it to synchronize.

I am waiting patiently for the mail man... I definitely need the "lifeproof" case though

Trashtruck

Forum Captain
So at my new job I was going through the stock room and found "ammonia inhalants"

I was curious so I cracked one like 2 feet from myself and WOW I thought my nose was melting for like 5 seconds.

Guess that's how they wake you up..:

Ahhh yes. I don't know of anyone actually stocking them anymore, but some medics carry their own personal 'stash'

JDub

Forum Lieutenant
Ahhh yes. I don't know of anyone actually stocking them anymore, but some medics carry their own personal 'stash'

I believe my service carries them. I have never had to use one, but my Medic pulled one out the other day on a patient who was doing a very poor job of faking a seizure. Not sure if it came off the truck or my medic's personal stash though.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I believe my service carries them. I have never had to use one, but my Medic pulled one out the other day on a patient who was doing a very poor job of faking a seizure. Not sure if it came off the truck or my medic's personal stash though.

All I know is I cracked it at 830 in the morning out of curiosity and I was more awake than 10 cups of coffee would provide.

I also thought my nose spontaneously combusted.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
All I know is I cracked it at 830 in the morning out of curiosity and I was more awake than 10 cups of coffee would provide.

I also thought my nose spontaneously combusted.

We used to use them on the plane to pop people's ears. Break the capsule drop it in a cup of hot water tell em to close their eyes hold their breath then stick it under their nose and have em smell. It's amazing we never gave anyone a heart attack :) worked on the ears though.

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Dear medic crews,
I'm sorry we had to alert 2 ALS units. (It was policy)
I'm sorry the other dispatcher misread the call (no it wasn't a stabbing)
Yes I was told they had stepped on a toothpick...
I'm sorry, but I had to do it.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I've decided the only sure fire way to get over my ex is to take a job in the most dangerous EMS system I can find. That's right folks I'm moving to Detroit :)

Anjel

Forum Angel
I've decided the only sure fire way to get over my ex is to take a job in the most dangerous EMS system I can find. That's right folks I'm moving to Detroit :)

YAY! BBG and Anjel. In the hood! Well I am 30 miles from the hood. But I will come play too!

Anjel

Forum Angel
ohhh ohhh

We will get Achilles, and Hockey, and HotelCo! I know where he works. Watch out.

EMTLIFE in the D!

JPINFV

Gadfly
I think I met the Yellow Man from HoG today. Thankfully no one got stuck with a needle full of hep C.