the 100% directionless thread

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I just heard THREE of my radio pet peeves in one transmission!

"be advised"

"at this time"

"myself"

"dispatch, be advised at this time the ambulance and myself will be remaining on scene"

Facepalm.

Fa gawd's sake... Talk like a normal person!

"dispatch, the ambulance and I are remaining on scene."

Was that so hard?

One FD I ran mutual aid with had a BC that was famous for this statement. "Release all other units, I'll be holding the first engine and myself".

:D:D:D

Sasha

Forum Chief
I HATE "ETA is about 5 minutes."

Really? ETA is about? ETA is already an estimate, so you're estimating your estimate?

*head explodes*

Although it's accurate for me. I'm horrible at estimating time, weight, and height.

I will never work at a carnival.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus

"be advised"

"at this time"

"myself"

"dispatch, be advised at this time the ambulance and myself will be remaining on scene"

Facepalm.

Was that so hard?

Did dispatch answer with "Afirm" ?:glare:

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant

Really? ETA is about? ETA is already an estimate, so you're estimating your estimate?

*head explodes*

Although it's accurate for me. I'm horrible at estimating time, weight, and height.

I will never work at a carnival.

This is one of my biggest pet-peeves...

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
Well, depending on how the grade on my history final exam turns out, this will potentially be the lowest grade I've ever gotten. The one variable I can identify? Joining this forum :lol:

Cup of Joe

Forum Captain

*head explodes*

"Didn't you say you're ETA was one minute. You're here kind of early." :glare:

Saying "about" seems to solve that problem, for some strange reason. :glare::glare:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
"Didn't you say you're ETA was one minute. You're here kind of early." :glare:

Saying "about" seems to solve that problem, for some strange reason. :glare::glare:

Got into a serious over the radio p!ssing match one day with a dispatcher that didn't seem to understand the GPS and/or CAD ETA didn't apply when sitting still in 5:30 Friday traffic....

Cup of Joe

Forum Captain
Got into a serious over the radio p!ssing match one day with a dispatcher that didn't seem to understand the GPS and/or CAD ETA didn't apply when sitting still in 5:30 Friday traffic....

I am not afforded that luxury. :rofl: I have to deliver and estimate my own ETA's.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

"be advised"

"at this time"

"myself"

Facepalm.

Was that so hard?

I say "be advised" all the time...

Anjel

Forum Angel
I say A firm to make dispatch mad lol

I like to live on the wild side.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I say "be advised" all the time...

We get "Information only, ................" Doesn't bother me. Mic clicks are disrespectful to the person you are responding too. That one makes me grumpy.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'll be overly happy on the radio during busy spurts. Tends to piss dispatch off for some reason :D

Sasha

Forum Chief
I hate "144 Same Traffic"

Really? Can't you just say "144 on scene"???

Sasha

Forum Chief
One of my partners likes to make me laugh when I key up.. They usually get

"131 o-----hahaha" unkey hahahahahah rekey "131 on sc---scene hahaha"

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'll be overly happy on the radio during busy spurts. Tends to piss dispatch off for some reason :D

I try to be friendly on the radio. My paramedic preceptor has everyone beat though.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We got called to a hospital to hospital transport for a patient with a DVT.

5 minutes after we are enroute we get "unit 204 cancel off, your patient is now on a heparin drip and CCT is being arraigned" I replied "unit 204 copy, good thing that's not a BLS call".

With some dispatchers I'm nice, with others not so much. Some dispatchers I will ask if we are clear for C7 (food) other dispatchers I will just tell them we are stopping.

We do ALS (who respond with Fire) and BLS (no fire). When ALS go on scene they have to say "on scene with fire" "prior to fire" "same as fire". I'm on BLS so we don't respond with fire. So with new dispatchers I'll say "unit 204, on scene with fire". Dispatch normally gets extremely confused.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Instead of saying "Our ETA is..." I always say, "We're about x minutes out." No particular reason, just personal preference, I guess.

There is a certain nurse at a certain hospital, that we have to call with every patient we are bringing them, regardless of what is going on, that is always entertaining on the radio. It's a bit of a haul to take patients there, but if he is working and catches the radio, it always makes the trip worthwhile.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Instead of saying "Our ETA is..." I always say, "We're about x minutes out." No particular reason, just personal preference, I guess.

I give a really odd number on ETAs. "our ETA is 5 minutes and 37 seconds". :cool:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
After much deliberation, I've decided I'm moving to Vegas for my internship. The opportunity is too good to pass up.