the 100% directionless thread

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
Errrrr its starting to get cold. New rule, it can no longer get cold unless it snows. The snow can stick around for a week, but then it must immediately must go back to being warm.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Errrrr its starting to get cold. New rule, it can no longer get cold unless it snows. The snow can stick around for a week, but then it must immediately must go back to being warm.

Snow? You mean that white crud I won't have to dig my car out of anymore?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Nope... spent the last 2 years in Boston.

itku2er

Forum Probie
I hate snow so keep it up north:excl:

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
I hate snow so keep it up north:excl:

Snow is fun, at least for the first couple days. By then you have pulled all of your practical jokes, had a good snowball fight, and you are ready for summer again. If I had it my way, it would be 60-65 degrees year round, that is until the last week before christmas, then it would drop to 31 degrees, it would snow a nice fluffy snow on December 23rd, and it would melt December 27th.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Snow is fun, at least for the first couple days. By then you have pulled all of your practical jokes, had a good snowball fight, and you are ready for summer again. If I had it my way, it would be 60-65 degrees year round, that is until the last week before christmas, then it would drop to 31 degrees, it would snow a nice fluffy snow on December 23rd, and it would melt December 27th.

Amen bro! (If you are, if not, it's just a saying):p

itku2er

Forum Probie

Now you are talking that would be the perfect thing. I do agree Snow is a must at christmas.

Cory

Forum Captain
Risk Takers
Episode: Paramedics - The Life of a Paramedic
Science channel
at 3pm today

Could be worth watching...it will totaly highlight that life or death side of extreme day to day paramedic fire exsplosion death injury BLAAH BLAH BALH *Adrenaline rush*

Being a paramedic is like drinkking powerthirst

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I just fot back from 3 days in the woods on the annual Team Campout/Training. Navigation, Medical, Horse, Radio, ATV, Search, Dive, and Technical Training... plus GREAT food and hours around a campfire, remembering fallen team members, the good calls, and the bad calls (which is why more than one large bottle of hard liquor was finished off last night).

110 threads to look at over the last 3 days and no energy to check most of them or reply to the more interesting ones... so let me just say this...

I LOVE YOU ALL (well, some of you at least)... here's to the fallen rescuers that came before, the victims that could not be saved, and whatever mental diseases we all have that keep us going..... -_-

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I hate waking up at 5 am for hospital rotations...

Oh well, off to the operating room to stick various tubes into people.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Woke up at 5am, drove an hour to Dallas, and waited for an hour for the OR to open... nothing. The darn OR is closed today, glad they had the forethought to tell me that my rotation was canceled before I wasted all that time.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Got paged last nite to a 2y/o f. fell, struck head, unconscious,
not breathing, turning blue, and posturing. Bird was launched,
but when we got there she was alert, breathing, conscious, c/o
pain in front & top of head. All vitals normal. Ended up doing
ground transport to hospital. Last I heard she was doing fine.

-----------------

and this is the first post from my new iPhone! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Got paged last nite to a 2y/o f. fell, struck head, unconscious,
not breathing, turning blue, and posturing. Bird was launched,
but when we got there she was alert, breathing, conscious, c/o
pain in front & top of head. All vitals normal. Ended up doing
ground transport to hospital. Last I heard she was doing fine.

I was on a similar case the other night. Mom claimed an 18mo. m. had fallen, hit his head, turned blue, etc. All the way there, she's telling dispatch it's getting worse. When we get there, everything's completely normal.

This is the second time it's happened at that address. Both times, doctors apparently found nothing. Half the crew suspects some sort of transient seizure, fainting, or trouble breathing. But certain members are starting to wonder if it's a psych issue on Mom's behalf.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I was on a similar case the other night. Mom claimed an 18mo. m. had fallen, hit his head, turned blue, etc. All the way there, she's telling dispatch it's getting worse. When we get there, everything's completely normal.

This is the second time it's happened at that address. Both times, doctors apparently found nothing. Half the crew suspects some sort of transient seizure, fainting, or trouble breathing. But certain members are starting to wonder if it's a psych issue on Mom's behalf.

Sounds like an ALTE?

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Sounds like an ALTE?

*shrug* Could easily be. To be honest, though, I'm in the group that suspects Mom has issues. There are a lot of details that don't quite add up. If we get the exact same call again, I'm reporting it. I would've already, but the kid doesn't actually seem to be harmed.

VCEMT

Forum Captain
My county's protocol would definitely define it as an ALTE.

Last edited by a moderator:

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Woke up at 5am, drove an hour to Dallas, and waited for an hour for the OR to open... nothing. The darn OR is closed today, glad they had the forethought to tell me that my rotation was canceled before I wasted all that time.

wow, interesting hospital.
no emergency surgeries?

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
My county's protocol would definitely define it as an ALTE.

Ours are being revised, but they currently aren't all that specific for a lot of pediatric issues. If we have a healthy patient with a complaint of prior LOC and apnea, we can't do much anyways.

If everything lined up, ALTE (possibly indicative of seizure disorder, if it keeps repeating) would seem like the best diagnosis to me, after doing some reading up and thinking.

(But if anyone is wondering why I'm skeptical about this one, feel free to PM. I don't want to post details.)