the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel

I think the definition of being a jerk and what is appropriate depends on the mod reading. There are mods that have certain members they dont like on a personal level and continuously push them out.

Then others can be :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:s and no one says anything.

Even the mods, esp firetender no offense, are jerks and offends new members, or squashes threads.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I will keep my head out of that thread because I would probably just be a "jerk" with my opinion on the topic. And I'm not going try to type an entire explanation on my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
The only time I like Christmas music is on Christmas, that's about it. Although the Trans Siberian Orchestra is pretty freakin awesome.

I have all the Trans Siberian Orchestra albums, including their non-Christmas albums. I've seen them in concert many times, and I'm planning on seeing them in May.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief

To be honest, and you asked for what people think:

"First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me."

Anjel

Forum Angel

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
To be honest, and you asked for what people think:

"First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me."
Really?!

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm with silver, you did ask people what they think. I think there are a few moderators on here that have gone on a power trip, and now that usaf is banned, are trying to rub it in his face since he can't post anymore. Way to be "nice"! I will probably end up joining usaf in ban land, but you are an :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: Matt.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
So, uh... I like cookies.

total win.

On the other hand, popped my LDT cherry today. How do all you IFT guys and gals come up with topics to talk about for 2+ hours? :rofl:

Also, I got my snow back! :D

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm with silver, you did ask people what they think. I think there are a few moderators on here that have gone on a power trip, and now that usaf is banned, are trying to rub it in his face since he can't post anymore. Way to be "nice"! I will probably end up joining usaf in ban land, but you are an :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: Matt.
This isn't a usaf issue, this is a forum issue. Heck, even usalsfyre got a PM on the exact same issue.

While I don't want to discuss specifics of usaf's case, I feel as though I went out on a limb and gave him multiple "one more chances" with the hope that things would change.

There are only so many times I can ignore reported posts and upset member emails before I have to act.

It's never fun losing a member, especially one respected in the community. That said, this is best for both him and our community.

We are always going to have new members that come here for a quick answer on how to pass the NREMT, where to buy the coolest flashlight, or how to pass a month-long EMT-Basic class. While they may not appreciate that we've answered the questions countless times, and that we're likely not going to give them the answer they seek, there is no need to be a jerk about responding.

If one doesn't have anything constructive to add to a thread, then don't post.

This forum is full of amazing people with a wealth of knowledge to share. It's my hope that new members will transform from one-post-wonders into contributing members that also feel as though EMTLife is their community. This is one step in moving towards that direction.

Happy Holidays,

Matt

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'm contemplating taking a break from the internet drama. I'll see how I feel after dinner.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Can I ask that any PMs about posters crying about a response I give be forwarded to me? Please please please please please.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I think the definition of being a jerk and what is appropriate depends on the mod reading. There are mods that have certain members they dont like on a personal level and continuously push them out.

Then others can be :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:s and no one says anything.

Even the mods, esp firetender no offense, are jerks and offends new members, or squashes threads.

We do realize this is a possibility and work at preventing it whenever we can. Whenever a CL removes a post or issues an infraction/warning, all of the CL's review it to make sure it was warranted and that personality issues and conflicts are not unduly influencing the action. All of us CL's have made mistakes that the others have pointed out, and we've gone back and undone our actions that were in error.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Not always... Even when called out on, and even when other CLs disagree with it.

Infact, even Matt once told me he didn't agree with an infraction but "had to back his CL"

No one wants lawlessness. We just want consistency.

JPINFV

Gadfly

I've just accepted it as a fact of life. C'est la vie.

GotTheChair

Forum Probie
This forum is full of amazing people with a wealth of knowledge to share. It's my hope that new members will transform from one-post-wonders into contributing members that also feel as though EMTLife is their community. This is one step in moving towards that direction.

No, it's one more step towards this forum being nothing but a gaggle of whackers stroking each other. You've obviously ticked off a majority of those "amazing" people judging by the posts here. A bunch of whiny self-entitled newbies are not going to make up for the loss of hundreds of years of cumulative experience and education among the senior leadership who are being pushed out because of your apparent inability to deal with the fact that not everyone gets to win and walk away happy in life.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I consider myself pretty effing amazing, a long time poster sometimes with good info sometimes with fluff.... I am disappointed but not ticked off.

Usaf was warned multiple times to tone it down and he didn't. And led some of his behavior was incredibly rude.

I do believe some mods go on power trips, and I don't believe the other mods override them at all, and there IS some unfairness but that wasn't the case here.

Yes we lost usaf. You know he has a Facebook group. Yes I will miss him but for the love of cheesus he was asked multiple times to stop it. Being smart doesn't give you a license to behave badly.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk