Tattoos

EMTIsee

Forum Crew Member
Well we where taught, a potentially aggressive sign. Could be tattoos on the face neck or hands. Any one else taught this.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
To categorize anybody by a single characteristic is a bad move in this field (and in life).

I am far more wary of the less obvious "signs of aggression".

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Seriously?

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a tattoo on the back of my neck.

I'm a 5'6 female who paints her toenails pink, dances in the car, and has a family.. I think I hardly come off as "aggressive" and I doubt I would strike fear into your heart if you saw me....

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I would wager that someone you encounter in a seedy motel with a shaved head, muttonchops, teardrops, and "P-A-I-N" tattooed across his forehead probably is statistically a little more likely to have a history of violence than the guy with a bowl cut who wears a sweater vest and Dockers and drives a minivan to his office job every day.

That said, it doesn't matter at all. You just can't judge a patient based on how they or the people around them look.

Everyone is potentially aggressive, no matter how they look.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
I would wager that someone you encounter in a seedy motel with a shaved head, muttonchops, teardrops, and "P-A-I-N" tattooed across his forehead probably is statistically a little more likely to have a history of violence than the guy with a bowl cut who wears a sweater vest and Dockers and drives a minivan to his office job every day.

That said, it doesn't matter at all. You just can't judge a patient based on how they or the people around them look.

Everyone is potentially aggressive, no matter how they look.
Agreed. I can identify several secondary clues in that situation to heighten my awareness.

Crabby Apple

Forum Ride Along
I believe the AAOS Emergency Care and Transport textbook actually lists tattoos as a sign of an aggressive individual. Funny we never actually mentioned that as an indicator back in class...probably because our instructor and half the students had tattoos as well.

OP
OP
E

EMTIsee

Forum Crew Member
Iv
I believe the AAOS Emergency Care and Transport textbook actually lists tattoos as a sign of an aggressive individual. Funny we never actually mentioned that as an indicator back in class...probably because our instructor and half the students had tattoos as well.
Iv found the presence of open alcohol containers is a bad sign most of the time

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Or I could be a 400+ pound male convicted offender.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
A tattoo being viewed as aggressive is equal to profiling an Islamic Jihadist terrorist being a 'fighting aged male' between 14 and 30.
Is it 100% accurate..nope, does it have SOME foundation in reality? Sure, someone has to earn a paycheck writing the profiling documents for agencies lol