super bummed

daedralarsa

Forum Probie
it was the first class day for my emt basics, and i was really excited. So the teacher walks in and says he has bad news. the summer emt classes have been canceled. canceled!!! now im stuck with taking speech and anatomy II. oh and a quick question, for the fall semester, should i register for morning or evening classes. i thought it would be cool to take the 6 to midnight one. any opinions?

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
geez that really bites. Well I guess it depends if you are a morning or night person? When do you concentrate best? Midnight is an awfully late time for me to be in school, I usually do 6-10pm classes and those are long! But each person is different... Good luck and sorry to hear about your class canceled!!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
It truly depends on your personality. I've taken 6-10PM courses, but in general I couldn't stand them. If I were you, I'd take as many courses as you can take over the summer that will apply to a possible EMT-P course. A&P. Medical communications maybe? Anything else that you know you'll need in the future. It will feel great getting those out of the way!

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
take the course somewhere else. geez there are like 10 going on around here.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Both my 140 hour EMT-Basic and 140 EMT-Intermediate courses were at night. 6pm-10pm, tho they often let out around 9ish. It allowed me to work a full time job and go to school. I did really, really well in each class.