Study tips for emt basic test?

AmbulanceRider

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone! Tomorrow is my EMT-B state test and I've been studying since I registered last month. I'm feeling confident but any last minute study tips would be useful. I'd appreciate any advice you all may have. What can I do to be better prepared for the exam?

Mariemt

Forum Captain
Hey everyone! Tomorrow is my EMT-B state test and I've been studying since I registered last month. I'm feeling confident but any last minute study tips would be useful. I'd appreciate any advice you all may have. What can I do to be better prepared for the exam?

Tomorrow?

Don't study. Go to bed. Sleep well

chet

Forum Crew Member
Hi,
My test is next week, what I am doing to prepare mentally (since your test is tomorrow you're about out of time for studying) is I am saying to myself since it's the first try don't get too nervous, there are two more shots at it after this one. They all say don't spend too much time on a question you aren't sure of just do the process of elimination for the toughys. I am also writing down the different vital sign warnings for different conditions, like increase in BP decrease in pulse with head injury means ICP and so on. I'm writing down signs of shock, and hypoglycemia and all I can think of so if they give me scenarios I will know what's wrong with the pt and know how to answer regarding treatment. Not that I can bring notes of course, just to hammer it into my mind. But as I said you are testing tomorrow and they also say not to cram the night before. In any case I wish you the best and someone once said to me a test is just a way to show off what you know! Let us know how it went ok??