Stethoscope recs?

Sasha

Forum Chief
There's only a twenty dollar difference at the site I'm looking. I believe its the lightweight that is more expensive.

The lightweight has a different bell shape. It is also lighter. I like it. It's what I use.

OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
The lightweight has a different bell shape. It is also lighter. I like it. It's what I use.

Well as its the only solid sell I've found, I'm sold! :lol: I'll go order it now. I was leaning towards that one anyway. :p

emtbill

Forum Crew Member
I would just like to point out that there is no point in spending this kind of money on a stethoscope if you haven't been properly trained in the assessment of heart and lung sounds and how that affects the clinical treatment of your patient. You don't need a $150 scope to take a blood pressure.

OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
My scope wasn't 150. ;)

Thanks Sasha. Went and bought it earlier, they let me test it against a few others and I liked this one the most.

OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
I am totally in love with my new scope. Really glad I got a new one, now I'm wondering how I would have gotten anything done with my old one. Mines not purrrrrtttyyy though. I'm jealous. :p

Rob123

Forum Crew Member
I have a Littman Cardiology II, Several Spragues, a newer version of Sprague, and a couple nurse scopes. I think the cheap, single head ones work just as good as the expensive dual head Littman. It's all in the application, IMO. The more noise, the more I'd want the nurse scope. The more clinical, and low noise, the more I'd want the Littman.
What's a nurse scope? Or what is an example of a nurse scope?