Starting a new job monday

EMTT760

Forum Probie
Hello all,

I graduated EMT school from Miramar College in S.D. last year. I finally was able to land a job! I'm starting orientation this Monday for a BLS company.

I was wondering what advice ya'll could give to a newbie? I've been studying my notes from class, protocols, skills etc. Not really sure what to expect other than I'll be shadowing two other EMT's on the rig eventually.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello all,

I graduated EMT school from Miramar College in S.D. last year. I finally was able to land a job! I'm starting orientation this Monday for a BLS company.

I was wondering what advice ya'll could give to a newbie? I've been studying my notes from class, protocols, skills etc. Not really sure what to expect other than I'll be shadowing two other EMT's on the rig eventually.

thanks

Is it 911 or IFT? Either way the only real advice is to pay attention to the way they do things (granted it does not seem blatantly wrong). Don't play 20 questions about things you should really already know. Also, when they are cleaning or doing things like stocking the rig you should be grabbing a broom as well or asking if you can help stock with them. Other than that, just be someone they don't want to strangle at the end of the shift and familiarize yourself where supplies in the rig are. :ph34r:

P.S. with the 20 questions game, if you genuinely do not know the answer to something then ask if you need to know for future reference.

There are some threads already on this topic, use the search bar and I am sure you can find some more info.

OP
OP
E

EMTT760

Forum Probie
It will be IFT. Good advice though! I appreciate it.