Started EMTB Class Tonight!

indygirl14

Forum Crew Member
Made it through my first four hour class tonight, only 160 more hours to go and 48 hours of clinical time!

My plan is this...get into EMT-P school as quickly as possible...either way, I'm scared to death and even more so after tonight!

I'm looking forward to it...and looking forward to having the opportunity to spend as much time on the trucks as I can going forward.

~marie~

Epi-do

I see dead people
Glad to hear it went well! Roughly how many people showed up tonight? (Once we got done with our stuff today, we had to help move tables around for you guys tonight.)

I signed up for all my clinicals for second semester in medic class the other day, so I know when I will be on the ambulance through April. I know they will allow one medic student and one EMT student on the truck at the same time, so if you want to do a shift together just send me a PM and I will give you my schedule.

Good luck with class, and maybe I will see you around!

OP
OP
I

indygirl14

Forum Crew Member
We had right around 20 people tonight...

I think right around the first of Feb. we start our clinical rotations. However, as I was leaving, I'm pretty sure I heard her say that if we want to ride along on the training truck, we can...if that's the case, I'm going to pick up as much time as I possibly can....I will email her and let you know.

Where are you working as an EMT-B? You can PM me if you would rather...

SC Bird

Forum Lieutenant
It sure is a great experience...and a lot of fun IMHO.

Enjoy your class....learn as much as you can....don't forget your ABC's, scene safety, and high flow 02 for everybody!!!!

-Matt

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Good luck! I just started the beginning of my medic classes, but I loved my B class :D

lcope

Forum Probie
Good luck with your class!

I've had three EMT-B classes so far at St. Vincent's. There are about 20 in my class too. I have a whole new respect for what EMS providers do and like you, want to get as much time in the trucks as possible.

Keep everyone up to date on your progress!

TheDoll

Forum Captain
hi, indy folks! (and everyone else who wants to post, too!)
i just started medic school this week, and it looks like i'll be incredibly busy!

good luck in your emt class! i'm sure you'll love it! who is teaching the emt class at st. v's these days?

also, always remember to WASH YOUR HANDS!! but most of all soak up all of the info and experience you can and enjoy! i hope your classes go well.

what i loved most about taking an emt class (in addition to learning everything i learned) was meeting all of the people in my class who were from totally different walks of life. it seemed like everyone was from a different background, and i really appreciated that.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
...don't forget your ABC's, scene safety, and high flow 02 for everybody!!!!

-Matt

Good luck in class, but please don't assume and memorize such limericks, learn each step and why it is important... not everyone needs oxygen and definitely not HIGH FLOW!!!, which I am sure was a joke ;)

R/r 911

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTMandy

Forum Lieutenant
HAHA I always joked in the academy that one day I'd go on a scene and accidently scream out

"SCENE SAFETY BSI!"

like we had to do for our skills tests to avoid the good 'ol autofail.

lcope

Forum Probie
hi, indy folks! (and everyone else who wants to post, too!)

good luck in your emt class! i'm sure you'll love it! who is teaching the emt class at st. v's these days?

Jim Grinder is teaching the EMT-B class at St. V's.

SC Bird

Forum Lieutenant
Good luck in class, but please don't assume and memorize such limericks, learn each step and why it is important... not everyone needs oxygen and definitely not HIGH FLOW!!!, which I am sure was a joke ;)

R/r 911

:D:D:D

Yes...it is important to learn why each step is important...

-Matt