Sorry guys...

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I think I'm going to take a break from this forum for a while. Maybe I can actually find one where I can make a connection. It doesn't seem to be working for me here. Things aren't going well for me right now, dealing with depression, not being able to get a job in EMS, serious financial problems....and other stuff. I realize I have come off wrong in here....for that I'm sorry. I'm not "whiney" in person. In fact, I'm reserved and say very little. The whole paid/on-call ambulance thing, I guess it bothered me more than I thought. I'm sitting here wondering what in the hell I did or didn't do for them to stop scheduling me, and then make it seem like I broke contact with them? I don't get it. Dunno....as far as it goes in here, I guess I'm neither experienced enough, nor funny enough....something. I'm seriously considering just letting my VFD position go too, it just doesn't really matter anymore. For those of you that were nice to me? Thank you. For those of you I offended? I'm sorry. I don't belong here. I should have realized that sooner. :sad:

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Hey Maria,

Whatever you do, don't take forums stuff too serious. This forum here is actually full of really great people. I got a little hacked in the past over forums, and that is why I mainly post here now.

I don't know what to tell you over the VFD thing. I have never done it. If you are stressed about other stuff, don't up and quit here. I have not seen anything you postd that appeared offensive.

Good luck no matter what you choose.

Kip

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Maria-

I kind of feel like I missed something. I even when through and reread your past posts. Did someone send you things through PM?

I will miss reading your posts. If you feel like you need a break, that is fine. Just don't give up on us totally. We'll miss you around here.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Sorry life's a B*tch.. it happens. If you were in EMS full time, it might even be more stressful. Everyone gets fed up with things once and a while, hopefully if you can take some time .... and re-group things might look better. Sounds like you need to think about some things.

If you decide to leave EMS, count it as a blessing. I have known several that have spent many of thousands of dollars and time, before they figured out, it was not to be. EMS will always be here, if you decide to return.

Again, good luck!

R/r911

RebelRescue

Forum Probie
EMTPrincess said:
Maria-

I kind of feel like I missed something. I even when through and reread your past posts. Did someone send you things through PM?

That's what I was thinking.I haven't seen anything on the boards that would cause any upset,did someone pm you and cause you offense?

Anyway,have you tried talking directly to the service and asking them what exactly happened?I would get someone on the phone and try to pin them down on exactly what the problem was.Maybe they had the wrong email for you?

For what it's worth to you I don't think any of your posts have come off as whiny or wrong.

Best of luck to you.
Ray

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:sad: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

:sad: :sad: :sad:

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
I can understand some of how you feel. It does seem like if a person does not respond to each and every post, even when they really don't have anything to say really, that others like them don't acknowledge a response by some who are choosy as to what topic they respond to. I have noticed this on many occasions. There are many on this forum that pick and choose what they want to respond to, make some very good points as well as well written, but do not get any decent replies. Such is life. I will add this as well, if there ever could be a clique on the internet, this site has a couple. But don't let them get to ya. I enjoy reading most :p of what you post. You are good at posting many different topics. So try not to leave if you can and if you do you will be missed at least by me...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Maria - your posts have always been worthwhile and intresting... but I don't reply to every one, because I have nothing to say... and many of them are useful pieces of knowledge.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
MedicStudentJon said:
Maria - your posts have always been worthwhile and intresting... but I don't reply to every one, because I have nothing to say... and many of them are useful pieces of knowledge.

I feel the same way, but would like to add this:

If you (or anyone else on this forum) is having a problem with another member here, please let the mods/admins know so that we can hopefully resolve the situation.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Maria,

I know this is your good-bye post, but I'm not going to let it happen. I'm not going to let you say goodbye, and I'm not going to let you leave the forum.

You've contributed too much to this community, and you've touched too many lives on this forum to simply make a post and leave. You know we're here to support you in any way we can, and I think you need to take advantage of the offer.

I don't believe in goodbyes. Things come and go, but I think this forum is too good of a thing to let go. I would have said the same to our forum whacker, but the ideas were just bouncing around and hadn't come together yet.

You have a ton of crap going on in life right now, I understand. This forum is hopefully a positive force in your life, and hopefully you find it supportive and maybe even fun. I'm telling you, don't leave.

Thanks, and hang in there!

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Yeah, you can't leave. If you leave, that's one less person that will laugh at my stupid jokes!

Or, one less person that will potentially laugh at my stupid jokes. :-D

So don't go!

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
there is always a silver lining, for example, at least you're not passing a kidney stone right now.....