Some scoffed at me when

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I brought a used Keurig into the shop that I picked up at a garage sale. One old jigger said it was the silliest coffee machine he'd ever seen..

"Why brew one cup when I can make a whole pot?" or "What's the point of that?" or "We get free coffee at the East Amoco, we don't need to brew our own."

Six months later, lives have been changed.. Coffee snobs have been created, preferences have been made. Now I hear, "Is there any more of that Kenyan Roast?" and "I prefer the Green Mountain Hazelnut to the French Vanilla" or "That Fair Trade Select has a much better flavor than the Breakfast Blend"

smug.gif

So here we are, a group of novice coffee connoisseurs of all ages.. Like newborn foals learning how to use our legs, we're discovering an uncharted world apart from styrofoam cups at gas stations and stale cafeteria chicory. We're sitting around on old leather sofas, discussing the garlic bread the American Legion serves with their spaghetti dinners, when someone pulls this up on their phone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=xoXY14DQLV4&nomobile=1

New Keurig Rivo Latte SYSTEM???? Frothed milk that doesn't require a $500 Lattissima machine? It also brews iced? It has a cold froth setting? This cannot be..

tumblr_lz9q2tY0Rb1qjemo2o1_400.gif

We've started a collection box by the fridge for our upgrade..

Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361303157.213380.jpg

OP
OP
Household6

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Wurd...

I'm stoked..

You should have seen the old guys when I brought in Guitar Hero 3 on Xbox.. :rofl:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The Paramedic association bought a Keurig for each of our stations. It's changed our lives.

BeachMedic

Forum Lieutenant
I didn't think my roommates Keurig was cool until he showed me the reusable cup you could fill with any coffee grinds you wanted.

After that I thought it was a cool idea. I didn't like the little one-time use expensive disposable cups.

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
My gf got one of the nespresso machine from her mom for xmas. I wasnt into it either, now before work I love a shot of fancy coffee :)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
E had a 1st gen Mr Coffee. Coffee was just rebrewed into it until one day we had a slow SUnday and opened the blinds, turned on the lights and cleaned house including the coffee pot...had little black colonies of thermophilic bacteria growing inside it.
Never tasted the same...

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
E had a 1st gen Mr Coffee. Coffee was just rebrewed into it until one day we had a slow SUnday and opened the blinds, turned on the lights and cleaned house including the coffee pot...had little black colonies of thermophilic bacteria growing inside it.
Never tasted the same...

See, you shouldn't have cleaned it. What do you think gave the coffee its flavor.

I am yet to have a cup of coffee from one of those new machines that I like. McDonalds makes better coffee.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Meh, coffee is coffee. I have a Single cup coffee maker because I'm the only one at home who drinks it. Surprisingly, only about half of us drink coffee at work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We have three coffee makes in my house (four roommates, no communication). Frankly the Keurig makes me nervous haha. I have a regular old Mr. Coffee Deal. I make 13 cups (the max) once a week and put in the fridge after it's cooled. Throw some ice in a glass and boom, ice coffee on the way to work or class.

At work we drink tea, my boss and I decided that it brings culture to the wasteland that is a hockey facility.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
We have three coffee makes in my house (four roommates, no communication). Frankly the Keurig makes me nervous haha. I have a regular old Mr. Coffee Deal. I make 13 cups (the max) once a week and put in the fridge after it's cooled. Throw some ice in a glass and boom, ice coffee on the way to work or class.

At work we drink tea, my boss and I decided that it brings culture to the wasteland that is a hockey facility.

Speaking of adding culture, I had a coworker reference Salvador Dali the other day. It was a nice change.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Speaking of adding culture, I had a coworker reference Salvador Dali the other day. It was a nice change.

Changes the whole day!

The Athletic Training Room is the last bastion of culture (and hot caffeinated beverages). The equipment room is for inappropriate humor, the locker room for all things gross, and the coaches' office is where anything good goes to die.

OP
OP
Household6

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
My gf got one of the nespresso machine from her mom for xmas. I wasnt into it either, now before work I love a shot of fancy coffee :)

My husband was the same way with our first one.. He's a 20 year infantry vet, grew up drinking burned black sludge.. He thought it was a ridiculous waste of money until he tried it

Oh, boy do I have an idea for you... Cold brewed.. http://www.ineedcoffee.com/06/cold-brewed/

The idea is that since the grounds don't come in contact with scalding hot water, and brewed over 24 hours, it has a more gentle taste. We started doing this in Kuwait when Green Beans raised their prices for frappuccinos.