Software management?

keith10247

Forum Lieutenant
Good Morning all and Happy New years! This might be an off topic thread and I apologize ahead of time if it is.

I was wondering if anybody here is in charge of their IT dept. or management within their station. If so, I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for software for general station management. Ive been looking at a piece of software called "Firehouse Software" because it claims to do everything we need it to do but I e-mailed their sales dept. 12 days ago and received an e-mail response apologizing for his (the sales guy) delay in getting back to me and said he would call the next day. It has been 10 days now and 3 follow-up/reminder e-mails and nothing. That being said, I am getting ready to count them out.

If anybody has any recommendations for software, please let me know. We are looking for something that primarily does training tracking, asset inventory, and personnel data.

Please feel free to contact me via PM. Thanks in advance!

--Keith

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
We use Firehouse here at the airport and have used it for quite some time. At it's core, it's a very intricate DBMS for just about every situation you can imagine. Like any DBMS, the more you put into it, the more you'll get out. I believe it's one of the most commonly used suites out there, but it can be a real pain when it breaks (again, like any other DBMS...lol). Our is pretty stable; we only seem to get the occasional bug when upgrading to a new version. We're currently using 7.x, and the guy who is the admin for the department seems to like it OK. Kinda weird that you're having a hard time reaching them, have you looked locally to see what other departments in your area are using? Best of luck in your quest.

medic417

The Truth Provider