So I have this essay...

CoffeeInThatNebula

Forum Probie
I'm at the tail end of my EMT-B course and my certification exam is next month. Like any good class, I've been assigned an essay to do on topics in EMS. It has to be 5-7 pages long, APA format, all that nonsense. The only thing I'm having difficulty with is the topic I want to choose. There's a couple topics that are interesting, but I feel that I would've had to have been in EMS for at least a few months before I could really understand what I'm writing about.

Are there any topics that might be easier for a beginner EMT to research? Just hoping I could bounce some ideas off of people. Also, if anyone has any resources they would like to share, that would be awesome.

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
My essay was on the difference between being an volunteer and career EMT. It was astonishing to see the view points of many different people. There are advantages and disadvantages to both, and quickly became a very interesting topic.

FreezerStL

Forum Crew Member
Check out this thread...

http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=20398

My reply:
I recently wrote a research paper about CPR for my comp 2 class.

I began with its creation, then cited its evolution through the years, and finished with possible upcoming changes.

Heck, I even got to include the new 2010 AHA guideline changes

My professor is a first aid nut, so I thought CPR would spark his interest. Try not to forget your target audience. Think of something your professor would enjoy and write accordingly.

orange20medic

Forum Crew Member
There's a lot of research out there on injuries caused from working in EMS, such as back injuries and how they can be prevented. You could do something like that for workmen's comp issues.

Or medicare/medicaid reimbursement.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Use of EEG in pre-hospital dx of brain attack/seizure.