Sleeping Bag

sop

Forum Lieutenant
I'm looking for a large adult sleeping bag with a custom made logo on it. I know I can go to my local retail store and buy a sleeping bag, but it won't have an EMS logo of it.

Hockey

Quackers
I'm looking for a large adult sleeping bag with a custom made logo on it. I know I can go to my local retail store and buy a sleeping bag, but it won't have an EMS logo of it.

You don't need no EMS logo on it. I don't know anybody with any sleeping bag that has anything with EMS on it.

If you really want to, buy one at wally world, and get get some patches to patch on it. You'll look *****in awesome then ;)

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations

Props to you, but you're going to end up spending more on the logo than you will the bag. I'd recommend getting a decent bag, then getting your name embroidered at the foot. That way, your name will be visible if the bag is rolled or open.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
why would someone want an EMS logo on a sleeping bag? Does it serve a purpose?

OP
OP
S

sop

Forum Lieutenant
Props to you, but you're going to end up spending more on the logo than you will the bag. I'd recommend getting a decent bag, then getting your name embroidered at the foot. That way, your name will be visible if the bag is rolled or open.

Do you know of any online sites where I can order embroidery of my name? I don't know of any local places that do that.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Do you know of any online sites where I can order embroidery of my name? I don't know of any local places that do that.
Try a local seamstress or alterations shop; most of them can do it or refer you to someone who can. You can also try www.galls.com; they can produce military-style cloth nametapes in a variety of color combinations.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

sop

Forum Lieutenant
Try a local seamstress or alterations shop; most of them can do it or refer you to someone who can. You can also try www.galls.com; they can produce military-style cloth nametapes in a variety of color combinations.

Alright. Thanks.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
A sleeping bag for what?
Some services (like mine) work 24 hour shifts. When time and call volume permits, we sleep. Many folks keep a bag in their cars to avoid the need to haul around sheets/blankets. As for me, I get the heebies sleeping on a pillow from the ER, so I carry a pillow as well.

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
You, Mr. OP, have reached new heights of whacker-dom. I bet when Star of Life toothbrush and floss sets come out, you'll be the first in line, so you can put them on the sink in the bathroom, right next to the window with the ambulance curtains and your light-bar shaped nightlite.

imurphy

Forum Captain
Please tell me the OP was joking. It is a joke right? Seriously.

If not, winner of the Whacker of the Decade award!!

Actually now I think of it, it's a great idea. Get the sleeping bag. Put many logos on it.

Here's why. Imagine now you're called into coverage in a station you don't usually work in. It's 2 in the morning, and another EMT went home sick so you go in. You get a call and as you're awake you go in to wake a partner. You don't know whos assigned to you, so you see the guy wrapped up in his many star of life sleeping bag. Now you just say to yourself "oooh, whacker. Better wake someone else!". Also if you've been told you're on with the new guy, you know instantly who it is. Win-Win!

Last edited by a moderator:

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey i just got the star of life tattooed on my shoulder...it will look great with that!

Hockey

Quackers
You, Mr. OP, have reached new heights of whacker-dom. I bet when Star of Life toothbrush and floss sets come out, you'll be the first in line, so you can put them on the sink in the bathroom, right next to the window with the ambulance curtains and your light-bar shaped nightlite.

Do they really have them? *Googles away*

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
Do they really have them? *Googles away*

Not that I know of, but I did have a lighter that functioned as a miniature light bar. It was fun to ride in the backseat, turn it on, hold it up behind the rearview mirror and freak my friends out. Oh, simpler, happier times...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Not that I know of, but I did have a lighter that functioned as a miniature light bar. It was fun to ride in the backseat, turn it on, hold it up behind the rearview mirror and freak my friends out. Oh, simpler, happier times...

I used to have one of those, great for pranks with friends :D

OP
OP
S

sop

Forum Lieutenant
Please tell me the OP was joking. It is a joke right? Seriously.

If not, winner of the Whacker of the Decade award!!

Actually now I think of it, it's a great idea. Get the sleeping bag. Put many logos on it.

Here's why. Imagine now you're called into coverage in a station you don't usually work in. It's 2 in the morning, and another EMT went home sick so you go in. You get a call and as you're awake you go in to wake a partner. You don't know whos assigned to you, so you see the guy wrapped up in his many star of life sleeping bag. Now you just say to yourself "oooh, whacker. Better wake someone else!". Also if you've been told you're on with the new guy, you know instantly who it is. Win-Win!

lol. Good scenario, but I just want a personalized sleeping bag so I won't get it mixed up with somebody else's bag. I'm not going to just use this around the station. For example, I will use it while camping, or I will use it somewhere I don't have a bed. I'm not concerned what logo will be on it, (EMS, FD, EMT, etc.) I just need something sewed of ironed into in to let others know it belongs to me.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Back in the day we just used a sharpie.