Shoreline vs. Lynch vs. Pacific

siccinthebrain

Forum Probie
Hey guys, I'm brand new here, 18 years old and I have possible opportunities for employment as an EMT-B for Shoreline, Lynch, and Pacific. It would be great if someone could break down for me the pros/cons of each one so i could weigh my potential options. I haven't heard to much about Shoreline and they only seem appealing to me because i live 10 minutes away and I read they offer 24 hour shifts.

Try to include equipment quality, flexibility, hours, station quality, management, pay, and anything else I missed. Any input is greatly appreciated!

firecoins

IFT Puppet
It doesn't matter. Get hired and work.

ToyotaTruck

Forum Crew Member
The only company I haven't heard bad things about is Pacific. If you truly do have a choice I'd go with them. Other than that work anywhere that will take you.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I disagree, it absolutely matters. Management, company values, equipment, employee moral, it all matters and is night and day sometimes from one company to another.

But we are talking about California. So in reality it's where every you can get hired at.

Anonymous

Forum Captain
I suppose to an extent beggars cannot be choosers but if you have options then best to weigh pros and cons as he is doing. I have no experience at any of the above companies. Have not heard one good thing about shoreline and there are quite a few people where I work now that left Lynch to come over. Hope that helps.

dhump4free

Forum Crew Member
all of the emt's on my ride alongs recently (with all three of those companies) said this, "when you actually get offered the job you take it, no matter who it is."

however they also told me to dump the crappy ones once a better job offer came along and rate those three in this order:

1. pacfic 2. shoreline 3. lynch

Medic496

Show strength when weak, and humility when strong
Lynch

Pacific is Rural Metro, a large corporation. Shoreline is substandard and in trouble. Lynch is the second largest company in Orange County and I hear is a good place to work. My friend who works there said they accomodated his school schedule, runs at least one emergency call per shift along with the transports, and the company really tries to take care of the EMT's. Lynch and Care are the only companies in Orange County contracted witht the state for disaster response. I am working on my masters and plan on going into emergency management. I hope to get a job with Lynch in the future, I believe they are the next company to see serious opportunity for growth.

energystar

Forum Crew Member
I don't think Lynch runs any emergency calls in OC? Maybe he meant an urgent or CCT. The only 911 providers in OC are Care, Shoreline, Doctors, Emergency and Medix? to my knowledge. OP out of those three, I would select Pacific without a doubt.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I don't think Lynch runs any emergency calls in OC? Maybe he meant an urgent or CCT. The only 911 providers in OC are Care, Shoreline, Doctors, Emergency and Medix? to my knowledge. OP out of those three, I would select Pacific without a doubt.

Lynch takes care of the emergency calls coming from their contracted SNFs. These calls range from nothing to "should have called 911 hours ago." On one hand they aren't 911 calls, but paramedics aren't dispatched either, so the EMTs are making all of the decisions.

EMT Doom

Forum Ride Along
I disagree, it absolutely matters. Management, company values, equipment, employee moral, it all matters and is night and day sometimes from one company to another.

Cannot be stressed enough. Sadly most of us can't be that choosey.

For what's it's worth I have heard mixed things, the basic industry standard, about both pacific and lynch. They both seem okay, enough.

I have heard multiple specific complaints about shoreline though. So do watch for that.

If none of that pans out, it can be easier to get a job up in LA county and the transition's not much either

JPINFV

Gadfly
One thing with Shoreline is that they require community service if you want to be on the Westminster 911 units.

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Went to the Shoreline interview a couple of months ago... pretty sketchy from the people I met there to the guy who interviewed me.

SubiEmt

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys, I'm brand new here, 18 years old and I have possible opportunities for employment as an EMT-B for Shoreline, Lynch, and Pacific. It would be great if someone could break down for me the pros/cons of each one so i could weigh my potential options. I haven't heard to much about Shoreline and they only seem appealing to me because i live 10 minutes away and I read they offer 24 hour shifts.

Try to include equipment quality, flexibility, hours, station quality, management, pay, and anything else I missed. Any input is greatly appreciated!

I was hired by shoreline about 3 days ago. The day before i was hired I passed AMR's written. I'm gonna see what shoreline is all about, and keep following up with AMR. GL dude