San Antonio, TX question.....

stupidscreenname

Forum Ride Along
If anyone can answer.........

I was under the impression that AMR provided emergency service on Fort Sam Houston however while I was browsing the USAjobs website I came across a posting for a GS position (EMT-B/P) with the Air Force EMS. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
The Air Force USAJobs posting is just a resume collection list. I've yet to hear of a single person who got hired off that list. Some of the locations on there have ambulance contractors services the bases, those contracts are still in force. If you want you can apply, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it going anywhere. I've seen this posting over the past couple years. It cycles every few months with a new listing that you have to apply for again.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
You're correct in thinking AMR provides coverage for Fort Sam. Lackland has their own ambulances, but I'm fairly certain they're all staffed by enlisted medics, not GS positions.

OP
OP
S

stupidscreenname

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the input. I think I will just stay where I'm at and keep bugging the crap out of the Fort Hood EMS Chief until he either gives me a job or has me banned from post.

Daniel G

Forum Crew Member
You're correct in thinking AMR provides coverage for Fort Sam. Lackland has their own ambulances, but I'm fairly certain they're all staffed by enlisted medics, not GS positions.
If anyone can answer...

......I was under the impression that AMR provided emergency service on Fort Sam Houston however while I was browsing the USAjobs website I came across a posting for a GS position (EMT-B/P) with the Air Force EMS. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks.

Ft Sam Military Medics are only found generally in several places. Moreno Clinic, SAMMC hospital, McWethy TMC and Camp Bullis Clinic.
They do not do Ambilance work. This includes AF staff. You wont find many Army medics on AF bases though.

Army Medics(active duty) do not do Ambulance work for the military

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Ft Sam military Medics for only several places. Moreno Clinic, SAMMC hospital, McWethy TMC and Camp Bullis Clinic.
They do not do Ambilance work. This includes AF staff. You wont find many Army medics on AF bases though.

Army Medics do not do Ambulance work for the military
Do they give civilian medics cammies? Because I know for a fact on numerous occasions I've seen guys in BDUs bring patients into SAMMC ED via ambulance.

Daniel G

Forum Crew Member
Sounds strange. Active duty, mainly Troop Command would crap a brick if anyone did that. So i dont think they were military.
I know this because i just retired from Troop Command.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
AF has their military medics ride with the GS paramedics, at least how that is at Edwards AFB.

Daniel G

Forum Crew Member
I shouldnt have generalize AF with Army Medics. I dont know much how AF runs their enlisted medics. Army medics under Fort Sam/Troop Cmd dont ride on rigs nor does school house at 232nd or 187. But alot can change in a year.The fire/EMS station by the Moreno clinic handles all EMS on Ft. Sam and theyre Civilian(GS's i believe)

Daniel G

Forum Crew Member
If they were wearing camies it could be marshals or DEA. They bring in HVT's to the ED, but not very often. At least when i was an ER medic there.