Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Higher Than Listed

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Lower Than Listed

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters

AlaskaEMT

Forum Crew Member
This is a quick poll to gauge what EMT's/Paramedics make yearly.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I didn't see my payscale...$0/yr. :p

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
<---------------------

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
"Lower than listed" is what I put!

KEVD,

How long did it take you to figure out how many spaces to get the < next to 'retired?'

took me three tries. but im retired, ive got nothing but time....

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
well its really only partially true. it started as a joke and then sort of morphed into an almost reality.

i recently retired from the ems business, at least the private sector. i get physically ill at the thought of being paid minimum wage for humping dialysis calls day in and day out while the guy whos name is on my truck gets rich. medic school didnt work out so hot for me the first time around and i cant afford another go right now and 90% of the civil service jobs in my area are als. so, at least for the short term, i have retired from the emergency medical business.

thats not to say im actually retired. i reigniting my career in the commercial shipping industry, which anybody who has actually worked on a vessel will tell you, is far from retirement.

OP
OP
AlaskaEMT

AlaskaEMT

Forum Crew Member
I'm surprised at the amount of "Higher than listed".

If you are willing, I'm sure we'd all be interested in what type of work you do.

OP
OP
AlaskaEMT

AlaskaEMT

Forum Crew Member
Wow, I got pissed. All this time I thought QFT meant "Quit :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing Talking". I had to Google it just now.

I'm guessing most of the "Higher Than Listed" are Canadian...

Hastings

Noobie
Wow, I got pissed. All this time I thought QFT meant "Quit :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing Talking". I had to Google it just now.

I'm guessing most of the "Higher Than Listed" are Canadian...

Haha. I'm so sorry! That's a clever acronym, actually. But no, I meant to emphasize your post, not to criticize it. I need to remember that not everyone hangs out in the kinds of dark corners of the internet I do.

Also, you're probably right. Canadian, or on oil rigs. That sort of thing.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Haha. I'm so sorry! That's a clever acronym, actually. But no, I meant to emphasize your post, not to criticize it. I need to remember that not everyone hangs out in the kinds of dark corners of the internet I do.

Also, you're probably right. Canadian, or on oil rigs. That sort of thing.

Um.. FF-EMT-P's in my state all fit the higher than that catagory if they have more than a few years in.

Oregon

Forum Crew Member
I get paid as a lab assistant in the EMT-B program at my local community college. I think in my busiest months I get 16-20 hours of work in. To be a lab assistant, you have to have your certification, so that kind of means I work as an EMT-B for pay, right?
Whatever, I'm going for my Intermediate starting Winter term, and that should help pay for tuition and books. Other than that, I get paid more per hour than the EMT-B's starting out at AMR or Metro West in the area.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm surprised at the amount of "Higher than listed".

If you are willing, I'm sure we'd all be interested in what type of work you do.
Here in Canada paramedics can make anywhere from 75000 to 100k+ a year.

Flight medics here in the nwt mak approx 95k before ot is factored in.

Last edited by a moderator:

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
I get paid as a lab assistant in the EMT-B program at my local community college. I think in my busiest months I get 16-20 hours of work in. To be a lab assistant, you have to have your certification, so that kind of means I work as an EMT-B for pay, right?
Whatever, I'm going for my Intermediate starting Winter term, and that should help pay for tuition and books. Other than that, I get paid more per hour than the EMT-B's starting out at AMR or Metro West in the area.

It's the same here, to work in the lab at our school or to help with practical skills for the EMT-B class you only need to have an EMT-B license. The school I go to starts instructors at $17 an hour so we have several people who aren't working on rigs anymore just work at the school. That kind of screws the students over if you ask me but it is what it is.

P.S. Hastings, want to swing by and pick me up on your way north B)