Rural Metro Milpitas

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I do not know. I was to go to CEVO in uniform-like clothes so I assume we won't get it until CEVI or after.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Reminder. CEVO training is tomorrow (3/27) at 0800 at the Milpitas location. I hear we are suppose to wear uniform-like cloths if we can. I don't know of anymore detail like if we can all go or if they want the newbies to go first, if our uniforms are available yet, and what our employee numbers are.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimmyUP

Forum Probie
Aprz I will see you there. How will I know who you are? I'll be wearing a mission college EMT shirt

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I think you'll know eventually.

I am here early. I am told they are gonna try to train everyone all at once. We are fonna be practicing with the Type II (van-like ambulances), not Type III.

See you there.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Good luck to everyone working tonight and tomorrow.

DPM

Forum Captain
I'm interviewing here on Weds for an EMT job (probably BLS IFT...)

How's it all going with you guys? Enjoying things? Anything I should know?

JimmyUP

Forum Probie
if its in milpitas then its IFT. but its not that bad this is my first emt job and its going well so far. the scheduling is a joke but other than that things should be changing due to the new union. so hopefully it gets better. honestly if you have common sense you will get the job.

EMT1A

Forum Crew Member
Damn, I saw the opening last week and applied. Might be too late seeing as it was 2-3 weeks after they opened the position again

stemi

Forum Crew Member
I'm hoping I get a reply. I applied not too long after it was posted, but still nothing yet. I interviewed at the career fair back in February, but wasn't selected. I did mess up bad on that test and may not have done so hot on the interview last time though. Hoping that they'll be willing to give me a second chance this time around.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
What's wrong the scheduling? Pretty standard 8, 10, and 12 hour shifts. You can work Monday-Friday 8 hours, work half the week doing 10s or 12s. No 16s or 24s. There are only a handful of shifts that I wouldn't consider standard, but I wouldn't be surprise exist because of limited staff (e.g. RN/Paramedic isn't available), increase call volumes during those days/time, or an agreement in their contract with Kaiser, Stanford stadium, or with the Earthquakes in San Jose. I believe they prefer if you are available full time, they wanted full time employee; you don't have to do a part time/on call gig. They sent an e-mail to their employees recently with 16 open full time shifts. In my opinion, it's a better deal than starting off part time/on call with no guaranteed shifts and 4, 5, and 6 hour shifts, which is what people complained about in the ProTransport-1 post here.

I know of some people who did not get hired at the job fair, but later walked in, e-mailed, or called, and got hired later. I was told by one of their supervisors that they get a ridiculous amount of applications now, and obviously they have way less open positions. Be the one that makes yourself standout.

It's definitely interfacility transport (IFT), and you'll likely work on a BLS rig since most shifts are BLS, but they have everything: BLS, ALS, CCT, NICU, and PICU. In the Bay Area, the county usually has a contract with one ambulance company that provides ALS transport for 911 e.g. Paramedic Plus in Alameda County, American Medical Response (AMR) in Contra Costa County, Rural/Metro in Santa Clara County. The Rural/Metro that does 911 in Santa Clara County is in San Jose off Vander Way. Rural/Metro of Northern California, or some people call it Rural/Metro IFT (it says that on their System ID Badge), is in Milpitas, Hayward, and Pacheco.

EMT1A

Forum Crew Member
anybody interview recently? had one and hoping it went well

heard there was 200 applicants and 25 spots open this round

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
If you don't get it this round, I am sure they're going to have more openings. A lot of people are going part time because of school.

stemi

Forum Crew Member
Wow, didnt think it would be that though. Good luck and let us know if there's any good news