Rural/ Metro? Action Care?

p2medic

Forum Ride Along
I don't know much about them. I am a new medic and have an interview/test date scheduled In the denver metro area. I also have an interview with action care In the same general area. I will take any job I get offered but would like some feed back on either company if any is available. Thanks!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Rural/Metro is the second largest ambulance company in the nation (AMR is the first). I assume they vary a lot location to location. In my area, they are still very new and trying to get everything straighten out. I bet if you did a search, you might find out what each Rural/Metro is like in each area (probably find a lot on Rural/Metro I think San Diego or Bowers/Pacific on this forum). If the Denver area is not for you, I bet you could eventually switch somewhere else that you want to be which I think is a huge plus when working for a company like Rural/Metro and AMR.

Good luck dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommerag

What day is it?
R/M is the biggest ambulance company in the state here. I did my medic internship there and I had an interview last week. I didn't have any complaints working there.

EMTSTUDENT25

Forum Lieutenant
RMA is a great company and the only negative feedback I've heard is by those who want nothing but Fire Rescue jobs and are ungreatfull. I'm not too familiar with Action Care, sorry.

Flope

Forum Ride Along
Sioux Falls R/M

I am a new medic and applied to the Sioux Falls South Dakota R/M and was wondering if anyone had any information, like what the interview and hiring process is like, do they run Medic/Basic or Medic/Medic, and any pros or cons about the company? Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

stemi

Forum Crew Member
I am a new medic and applied to the Sioux Falls South Dakota R/M and was wondering if anyone had any information, like what the interview and hiring process is like, do they run Medic/Basic or Medic/Medic, and any pros or cons about the company? Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

As far as I know, that would depend on region. Here in Santa Clara County in California, R/M runs the 911 calls and is Medic/EMT. Not sure about the separate divisions that run IFT's and what not, but they do have medics working CCT calls from what I've heard.

BigBad

Forum Crew Member
Action care is a scam. Comes out to $9 on salary. They will offer you a job over the phone because there is so much turn over. Rural metro is fire based so you won't attend on good calls. Look to the suburbs like northglen, thorton, fort Collins for better services.

Tommerag

What day is it?
Almost a month late, but R/M in Sioux Falls, SD is medic/medic 99% of the time, and they are not fire in Sd.