Response Clip

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Not to create any flak or law suits, but this is a clip of my Prac Partner and I working with a paramedic on a response car in South Africa.

Thought it might be interesting...:ph34r:

It is his scene, so I don't really feature. But fear not- more are on the way.

Link removed by Chimpie per Rangat's request.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrdell4150

Forum Crew Member
Nice video but I would NEVER post a video of patient care, #1: if you do something wrong, the video doesn't lie and #2: patient confidentiality. But I guess you can do what you want.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Perhaps HIPPA-type laws don't exist in SA? Maybe they put notices in the newspaper of who was treated/transported by EMS just like we do with arrests? That'd be kinda interesting!

OP
OP
Rangat

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Uhm... erm... well, we have a legislative body regulating registered practitioners, but to say it in short, unless a buddy tells on you, nobody cares.

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
I can't believe you fished the catheter right back in the AC. That was asking for trouble.
neat video though! thanks for the ride along!

OP
OP
Rangat

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Consequences

Allright guys. I would seem there are colleugues amoung us who like to shaft each other.

There is now a legal investigation into the footage and friction is being created where unessesary.

If the webmaster could please remove this topic that would be nice.

Regards:mellow:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Removing a post, even at the request of the thread starter, is not something that the Community Leaders take lightly. We hope that every post is a learning experience in one way or another.

What I have done is removed the link to the video. That way we can still talk about the decision to post a video of an emergency response, or more importantly (IMO), showing video/pictures of the patient being treated.

OP
OP
Rangat

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Please remove my comment #4 as well chimpie. thanx.

OP
OP
Rangat

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
So this has gone all the way to the director of health for that province, they are dealing directly with my university. It could however be the end of my EMS career, and perhaps other people too.:sad:

Ya well, I really did not realize the implications of this, it was all with good intent, and to share my experiences.

Regards fellers:unsure:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Are you serious?

What are their issues? Feel free to PM me.

OP
OP
Rangat

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Hearing is tomorrow. Long list of charges but they include confidentiality stuff, and me not reporting the paramedic stuff. So, anyway, I'll let you guys know sometime whether i will still be a medic or what. Eish.

Regards

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I hope everything will go well, I'm pulling for you......-_-

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I wish you all the best, and please let us know how it goes.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Sigh...I am sorry to hear you're being called to the carpet.

When you say not reporting the paramedic stuff, do you mean providing interventions above your scope of practice?

OP
OP
Rangat

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Outcome

Hearing result:

Found guilty as pleaded on about 8 acts.

Penalty:

1. Letters of apology to all parties involved.

2. An article of Ethics in the Profession due Jan.

3. Expelled from university for 2 years. But suspended until similar offense committed.

4. Will not be placed on academic record.

Well i get to finish my studies:p

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Rangat, I am so sorry to hear this happened. If anything we can all learn a lesson. My apologies that you had to be the person to teach us that lesson. It seems that your disciplinary board was pretty lenient and feel that there is no good reason to be overly harsh in punishment.

Good luck in the remainder of your schooling.