Remember when........

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Ok...........this goes out to a bunch of you old school EMS folks and the not so old ones too.

Back when I first started there used to be a lot of fun and practical jokes on other ambuances no matter what service you worked for. (Setting up their truck, KY in ther door handles, dead fish in a compartment etc)

Over the past few years I have seen very little. Do you guys still get to have fun where you are?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Nothing too major. (Keeping in mind I've been mostly Security/EMS but...)

Most of us back our vehicles in. Go find the probie's truck and switch it around so that the front is parked in first.

Park the probie's truck in the cheif's spot.

Park the probie's truck in a handicap spot.

Turn everything on in the probie's truck (radio, a/c, wipers, strobes, siren,etc) so when he hits the main power switch everything just starts screaming.

Flip things around (just slightly) in the back of someone's truck.
(ex: fire gear goes on the right, ems on the left; just switch them around)

I'm sure I'll think of others.

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
We still joke around but only to the point it won't hinder them responding to or onscene. There are a ton of things a creative mind can do!! B)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
EMS practical jokes are the best!

I've had KY on the door handles, a bit 'o whip cream on the windshield, compartments filled with latex glove balloons.

Everyone needs to have some fun sometimes!

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
we used to do joke gifts at our annual bash that went along with those infamous calls

~S~

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
This is great!! I was afraid a lot of it had died out. We never did anything that would slow response or injure anyone.......but man we had a blast.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
One of the calls I went on we were "racing" the other ambulance back to our station after leaving the ER. The Medic pulled out the big (actually massive) flashlight at a red light and glared it right into the cab, gave us about 5 seconds and we made it back first :)

They also did the IV bag leaking onto the front seat. Nothing screams professionalism like answering a call with wet pants lol.

firegal920

Forum Probie
I like the old time favorites such as:

dripping IV fluids on the probies through the ceiling panel while they slept

turning on lights and sirens (tagging) of other ems vehicles when we find them unoccupied (in the store, at hospital, etc)

making up "ads" and posting them at the other station, such as "lonely emt seeks warm bed partner to light my lights, please contact (name any shift here)."

and all time favorite of

shaving cream in the boots

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
Armor-all the seats/floor in the back of the truck...its like a slip in slide....

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
i yelled Theater in a crowded Fire once....

~S~

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Stevo said:

~S~

And all I can do is shake my head and roll my eyes. It's just Stevo, I remind myself.

firelieut4013

Forum Ride Along
we still do that hear in pa .. both on the fire side and ems side

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Nothing says fun like filling your partners boots with water, freezing them, and then setting them by the bed while they sleep...that and the sleeping persons hand in the warm pail of water trick....

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Stevo said:

~S~

Is that like when you yelled..." MY CHICKENS!!!" ??? :p

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Wingnut said:
Is that like when you yelled..." MY CHICKENS!!!" ??? :p

LMAO!!! That was pretty dang funny Jenn.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
EMTPrincess said:
LMAO!!! That was pretty dang funny Jenn.

I have my moments....not many, but I have them. ;)

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
heh~ i actually had a 2-way and was yellin' just that !

~S~

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Stevo said:
heh~ i actually had a 2-way and was yellin' just that !

~S~

Kinkyyyy...2 way with the chickens? Your a brave man! (or severly disturbed...) :p

Don't mind me...too much billairds and beer tonight.