Recreational Drugs of Choice for Different Regions

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Meth, weed, meth, weed, and meth. Did I mention meth?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
You know, I wasn't even thinking about legal Rx

And I'm ignoring pot for the nonce...
Lessee.....oxyxontin, Vicodin, methadone, Seroquel, Trazadone, testosterone. Ambien used to be popular. Ritalin too. Many people misuse albuterol metered dose inhalers (MDI's), and some spray it on a cigarette and smoke it.
PS: West coast, look for a change in drug distributon, someone's taking on the Angels, murdered one of their presidents the other day.

Oregon

Forum Crew Member
I asked my hubby (he's an alcohol and drug counselor) and he said "well, pot's always a staple, and meth. Heroin seems to kill more people, and the kids love the X"
Seems like the same stuff that was killing my friends back in high school, but we called it different names back then.
I don't see a lot of coke around here anymore.
For some reason the OTC high of choice has been Benedryl:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
MAC4NH

MAC4NH

Forum Crew Member
But the crackheads have learned to fake breathing problems/asthma when their high starts to wear off so they can get abuterol treatment...opens that lower airway so they get one final "kick".

That's good to know. They'll probably figure that out over here soon, too.

As a related factoid, a few of the smarter heroin addicts looked at the beautiful saline locks in their arms in the ER and decided that's much better than trying to find a vein on their own. They attempt to elope from the ER with the lock still in. Hospital security is now keeping a close watch on the addicts to make sure they don't make it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
we also deal almost exclusively with "legal" drugs.. prescription and alcohol. There have been 4-5 od's on my last 2 shifts... 2 with Xanax.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
We have a lot of meth, and heroin. Every ex druggie or trying to be ex-druggy is on methadone which is becoming popular as a street drug here. We also see a case or two every year about this time of 'accidental mushroom poisoning' with a high school student.

pumper12fireman

Forum Crew Member
I've heard of this... as well as "wet"... or a joint soaked in PCP.

I've treated several people for this. Most of them are unsuspecting cops that pull the joint out of a ziploc bag not realizing what they're doing. They then think they're "high", and want to be checked out.