Recession and EMS

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
HaHaHa. What does "Illegals jumping the borders living on the system" have to do with socialized medicine in Canada? As far as higher salaries in the US...again, what does this have to do with socialized medicine in Canada?

Read the context of what your wrote..I will wait...Now that you have re-read what you wrote and possed it as a question on socialized healthcare anyone? See I pointed out the faults of it. Thanks for playing come again.

eynonqrs

Forum Lieutenant
There is not a lot of money in 911 can be true or not true. There may be areas that there isn't a high unemployment rate, that people have decent insurance. But doing 911 and transports does help the bottom line. You eat 911 calls as well as transports. A few decent transports can pay your crews salary. It's a double edge sword.

Vicious

Forum Probie
I'm brand new and I haven't even begun the EMT Basic course yet, so I truly hope there is a job opening when I get certified. I wouldn't mind driving a bit out of my way if an agency was willing to hire me.

RDUNNE

Forum Crew Member
I'm brand new and I haven't even begun the EMT Basic course yet, so I truly hope there is a job opening when I get certified. I wouldn't mind driving a bit out of my way if an agency was willing to hire me.

im in the same boat. lickily im right at the border of 4 counties so i have 4 possible services right near me.

RotorFib

Forum Probie
Great thread, I'm glad it was started..and depressed at what I have read as I have wondered how it has been affecting our industry.

I'm lucky to be where I am, although we are tight, we are close to a major military base and our community has many retirees. On the other hand, I think it is only a matter of time before things get substantially worse.

To the OP (and any others); I only have one piece of good advice...Stop watching TV news!! The main stream media is owned by the corporations and banks who got us into this mess!! But they generally just get the news wrong anyways, have you ever done a big call and than read about it in the news paper or watched it on the news? That should be evidence enough.

Use tv (if you must) as only one piece of the puzzle, I suggest getting the rest of the pieces from places like this, or other blogs, forums ect.. The Market Ticker forums is a good place to start if you want to read about how messed up our economy is atm. A lot of professional traders post there and it is not partisan (They tend to hate everyone equally lol). Fedupusa.org (also a part of tickerforums) is a good place to read about upcoming protests like the tea parties if you want to get more involved (which I personally encourage, it IS our tax money after all).

To the newbies :p hang in there, whatever the economy does there will always be a demand for us in one way or another. You might have to think about moving to find a job, but I still see and hear of a lot of demand. (For paramedics at least).

Mai

Forum Ride Along
Demand in Maine

Remote_Medic,

I, too, live in Maine and am taking EMT-B. What is the demand like for EMTs and Paramedics in Midcoast Maine? Has it been affected by the recession as well?

OP
OP
S

seshan

Forum Crew Member
So to tell me, media propaganda...I will tell you to take a flying leap!

I used the term "media propaganda" as a way of expressing how much of a role media has played in embedding fear onto the CEO's, the Presidents, the decision makers that now have to compensate for their losses by laying off their staff/workers.

Right now my company has grown 30% over last year, but I am still fearing my job because of what our senior management is more worried about what will happen to the future economy. I myself am an Economist, and trust me...there is someone out there getting rich off of this while millions of people suffer.

One thing for sure, this is survival of the fittest. Only the strong will prevail.

PS. Ever wonder what would happen if the US government split the bailout of 11 trillion dollars to each American citizen instead of giving it to corporations?

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
I used the term "media propaganda" as a way of expressing how much of a role media has played in embedding fear onto the CEO's, the Presidents, the decision makers that now have to compensate for their losses by laying off their staff/workers.

Right now my company has grown 30% over last year, but I am still fearing my job because of what our senior management is more worried about what will happen to the future economy. I myself am an Economist, and trust me...there is someone out there getting rich off of this while millions of people suffer.

One thing for sure, this is survival of the fittest. Only the strong will prevail.

PS. Ever wonder what would happen if the US government split the bailout of 11 trillion dollars to each American citizen instead of giving it to corporations?

My dear sir you are right, there are a group of people sitting back using 100 dollar bills as lighter fluid lol. Ya if we gave everyone a million dollars, we still would have been in trouble because you would lose so much of the work force to retirment or part time work. It would recover after people blew it all but still. Sending out that much money causing inflation and higher taxes so it would hurt us either way. (because you know if the government gave us that money..we would get taxed like 90% the following year with interest lol. I