Random CPR question: Shirt on/off?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Jan 18 2005, 08:45 PM
as was said b4... The shirt is coming off anyway. why not take it in the first place? Also a button down shirt would interfere with feeling landmarks. So would you leave that on?
How about a zipper??

Thick screen printing?

As the king said: EtCetera, EtCetera, EtCetera :huh: :huh: :huh:

Jon

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
A bee may jump from flower to flower to flower, but a flower does not jump from bee to bee to bee!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Wingnut@Jan 18 2005, 09:55 PM
A bee may jump from flower to flower to flower, but a flower does not jump from bee to bee to bee!
thank you for todays random trivia.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Your welcome...

and I know all the words to "shall we dance"

I know, I know....it's bad

ksEMTbabe

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by SafetyPro@Jan 18 2005, 01:56 AM

Actually, I disagree, for a couple of reasons. First off, (how to say this modestly) a bra's purpose is to support the breasts in a more upright fashion, which can interfere with hand placement. Second, the potential for an underwire (which may not be readily noticable) not only poses an injury risk to the patient, it also poses an injury risk to the person performing CPR (yes, I have seen underwires come loose, and they can be sharp).
I agree... now how about a hats off to those of us brave enough to wear the death traps every day :D LOL

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Alright. Lets see. Shirt off. It gets in the way. When als does arrive, they're going to rip it off to waffle the person anyways. As for the bra, that can come off too. I really hope you're not oogling the lady. I highly doubt their sexy. How many 25 y/o have you seen go into cardiac arrest? And if its an arrest due to trauma, I hope you're doing other things than just staring at some dying womans chest. I don't know anyone whos gotten into EMS hoping to see someones naked chest when they arrest. <_<

And one thing I was taught around her, Make 'em Naked.

EMTPWaffle

Forum Ride Along
There are some issues here..... Dead Chicks.. Sexy.. Oh my !!! HA!!!

Shirt off... Use as many senses as you can in EMS.. Sight and Touch for landmark location!!!

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by EMTPWaffle@Feb 4 2005, 10:19 AM
... Use as many senses as you can in EMS.. ....
What about smell? or taste? :huh:

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
I brought in a 21 year old female into the ER cardiac arrest s/p OD and gave report to the docs. while they were working her up all the first year residents were staring at her chest. (ok, if she wasn't dead and had vomit on the side of her face, I would have said she was hot if I passed her on the street) Actually had to close the curtain during the code because so many people were watching this naked girl get cpr done to her. perverts :p

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Jan 18 2005, 07:22 PM
As the king said: EtCetera, EtCetera, EtCetera :huh: :huh: :huh:
Lord, does that bring back memories. Freshman year of HS, yours truly played "Royal Guard #3" in the spring production of "The King and I". I was the one who was supposed to beat the wayward concubine, and then get accosted by Anna. Opening night, Anna (the older sister of one of my football teammates) got a little too aggressive and instead of grabbing and shaking my arm, shoved me full strength back into the "marble" column (canvas/wood frame hanging from the rigging) and sent it swinging. Nobody on stage could keep a straight face. Then, when I was sent by the King to kneel and hold the concubine so he could beat her, my the zipper up the back of my costume decided to rip open.

That coupled with the Crown Prince banging a gong in one scene and knocking it OFF the stage made for a very memorable production.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
ROFLMAO...that must have been a treat to see...Yule Brenner would have rolled over in his grave!

Firechic

Forum Lieutenant
I brought in a 21 year old female into the ER cardiac arrest s/p OD and gave report to the docs. while they were working her up all the first year residents were staring at her chest. (ok, if she wasn't dead and had vomit on the side of her face, I would have said she was hot if I passed her on the street) Actually had to close the curtain during the code because so many people were watching this naked girl get cpr done to her. perverts

How sad. Those residents are too immature to be caring for people. I don't understand why the issue of nudity is such a big deal. A patient is a patient - enough said. Perhaps I'm getting too old to understand this fascination about a naked patient!
:mellow:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I normally leave my shirt on during CPR... Unless your talking about... um.. Nevermind.

Although some kind of harness would be neat so I wouldn't fall over! :p

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
I guess it depends on where i am at and how hot it is... if I am at the beach on a 110 degree day, then my shirt would probably come off, on the street when it's 40 below, I am adding the Pt.s shirt to my back for warmth. :lol: :p

hehe any one disagree?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Feb 5 2005, 09:14 PM
Although some kind of harness would be neat so I wouldn't fall over! :p
:eek: a little too much information.......

I am scarred for life

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Although some kind of harness would be neat so I wouldn't fall over!

a little too much information.......

:rolleyes:

Have you ever done CPR in a moving ambulance?

Standing up, doing CPR, while going down a bumpy, rural road way... Is dangerous! It would be nice to have some type of harness to hook to the ceiling bars to keep from falling over!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Feb 6 2005, 05:50 PM
just get a rope rigging, and a fall arrestor. done.
yes, I've done CPR in a moving bus.....It only sort of works ;)

Jon

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Feb 6 2005, 04:47 PM
Although some kind of harness would be neat so I wouldn't fall over!

a little too much information.......

:rolleyes:

Have you ever done CPR in a moving ambulance?

Standing up, doing CPR, while going down a bumpy, rural road way... Is dangerous! It would be nice to have some type of harness to hook to the ceiling bars to keep from falling over!
Thats a great idea!!! Can you say patent?? :D Hook the thing into the I'm falling bar on the ceiling of the rig. Make it so it slides and has quick releases so you can switch out easily. Invent this and you can just spend your days posting in these forums while you rake in the cash!!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I believe that they've already tested a couple of systems like that. The reason that you haven't heard about them yet is that nobody wants to stop CPR long enough to put on a harness so that the can continue CPR.

I usually grab the Oh **** bar above the patient with one hand and perform CPR with the other. I've got enough upper body bulk (read fat) that I can usually get my compressions deep enough with one hand.