Question about Green Cards

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone--

New (and totally clueless) EMT here. I've got a question about the DL 51 and green card, specifically how exactly I get the card.

I got my physical last month, so I could get my ADL and now that I've done that, I realize that I have no idea how to get the card. I've heard from some that I should have gotten it from the doctor when I was there for the physical, but I just called and they have no idea what I'm talking about. And since I'm not exactly sure what I'm talking about either, I thought I'd call in the experts. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

OP
OP
kravturtle

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
I had him fill that out. But now what?

JPINFV

Gadfly
If your physician doesn't have one then you need to make a quick trip to the DMV to pick one of the forums up there, which should include the green card. Get your physician to sign it and you're done.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Green Card? Are you not a US Citizen???

JPINFV

Gadfly
Green Card? Are you not a US Citizen???

Different green card. Ambulance drivers (as in the person actually driving the ambulance before someone else does the entire "ZOMG AmBuLaNcE DrIvER!!!!!11oneone twoone2" freakoutery) in California have to pass a commercial driver level physical in order to be obtain DMV certification. The actual physical is sent in to the DMV and the provider carries around a little card signed by the physician that is on green card stock. Hence, "green card," or the more common term outside of Los Angeles, "DOT card."

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Poor Brown, he is too blind to get a green card and too foreign to get the other green card, *sigh :D

OP
OP
kravturtle

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
Right. I really got to figure out a better name for it. But I don't really like "Medical Examiner Card" much either. It makes me sound like a coroner.