pt choked on false teeth

jkrewko

Forum Crew Member
kind of funny after the fact but I :censored::censored::censored::censored: my pants when it happened.

dispatched to a call for a 82 y/o F feeling ill. uoa pt found a+oX4. at some point during the night she rolled off her bed. c/o back pain 6/10. bp was stable spo2 was 86% ra. c-collar iv o2 all the good stuff. half way during the transport she goes semi unresponsive and her spo2 drops to 60%

HER FALSE TEETH HAD GOTTEN LOOSE AND GOT DISLODGED IN HER THROAT

i fished em out and she was fine hahah

i am a new als provider, just wanted to share the fact that i was crapping my pants, thought she was dying

OP
OP
J

jkrewko

Forum Crew Member
i honestly didn't think she had any teeth. i went to suction, thinking she was gargling some fluid and noticed something strange blocking her airway. i shouldve put her in a ked board and sat her up but she had no other complaints and her lungs were diminished but clear in the house

good lesson to learn

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
The big problem is going home at the end of the day and finding you've still got a couple sets of false teeth in your pocket because you remembered to take them out!

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
kind of funny after the fact but I :censored::censored::censored::censored: my pants when it happened.

dispatched to a call for a 82 y/o F feeling ill. uoa pt found a+oX4. at some point during the night she rolled off her bed. c/o back pain 6/10. bp was stable spo2 was 86% ra. c-collar iv o2 all the good stuff. half way during the transport she goes semi unresponsive and her spo2 drops to 60%

HER FALSE TEETH HAD GOTTEN LOOSE AND GOT DISLODGED IN HER THROAT

i fished em out and she was fine hahah

i am a new als provider, just wanted to share the fact that i was crapping my pants, thought she was dying
You're easily amused.....

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Did you get to use the Magill forceps? That's an ALS skill and tool in these parts.