PROSPECTIVE FLORIDA PARAMEDIC CHANGES

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ummm...sure.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
So apparently there is a legitimate study guide sold by a paramedic out of Tampa, lot of credentials to back her.

We (as in everyone taking the FL exam it seemed) had a very different version called Rambling Thoughts circulating...most of it was handwritten and in several different writing styles. Maybe the title was a play, but this version you would never find for sale.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So apparently there is a legitimate study guide sold by a paramedic out of Tampa, lot of credentials to back her.

We (as in everyone taking the FL exam it seemed) had a very different version called Rambling Thoughts circulating...most of it was handwritten and in several different writing styles. Maybe the title was a play, but this version you would never find for sale.
Wasnt it paramedics basically violating the contract they signed when they took the test to not provide test questions to outside persons?
The FL test is a joke.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Bingo! It was a very concerted effort by the "bravest" paramedic wannabes....I mean after all, there is a $7500 pay bump to be acquired and promotion to a non transport apparatus!

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
Just make sure it is an updated version. :)

That thing has been around since I first challenged FL exam back in 1999. You know how the original came to be?
The website says last updated in 2014 while the top of the first page says 2013.

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

Still waiting since 20 July for FL reciprocity for my NREMT so I can challenge the PM exam. They take too frigging long!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

Well, it's nearly October and no reply yet. Sent two emails recently without reply. Time for a phonecall.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
You seriously have waited this long before making a phone call?

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

Yeah, I've been focusing on my work and BSN course. As I'm on a med/surg/tele floor, it's not an urgency.

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

Called today. Al Bundy phone menu from hell. On hold 10 minutes. Got a human. Put on hold 5 minutes. Told reciprocity approved. Asked why so long? "Don't know".

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

Didn't. Submitted copy of NREMT card and original certification.

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

Finally got my license number. Approved on 27 Sept, but nothing in the mail or online. Called again and "Oh, your SSN is wrong". WTF? No email or phone call. Apparently they verify NREMT status by SSN and not EMT number. Now on to challenging the PM exam.

AMarra

Forum Ride Along
I seem late to this party but I took both the FL state test and the NREMT-P test last year and passed both pretty easily. I even felt like the NREMT-P was the easier of the two. I was done in about a half hour. I didn't read this entire thread so I don't know if this applies, but I know that for EMT there is only 1 test and you get both certs (state and NR). Good Luck!

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

I seem late to this party but I took both the FL state test and the NREMT-P test last year and passed both pretty easily. I even felt like the NREMT-P was the easier of the two. I was done in about a half hour. I didn't read this entire thread so I don't know if this applies, but I know that for EMT there is only 1 test and you get both certs (state and NR). Good Luck!

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

Thanx. I'm working on getting my nurse experience, trying to study for TNCC, and then challenge PM.