Priority One Medical Transport Info (Nor Cal)

Sways

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had input on this companies hiring process, as well as how it's like to work for them. I am scheduled to interview with them at the Hayward station.

I noticed they put "Compensation: $9.50/hr attendant and $10.00/hr driver" on their craigslist ad. No switching around? You either just drive, or tech, period?

MedikErik

Forum Crew Member
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had input on this companies hiring process, as well as how it's like to work for them. I am scheduled to interview with them at the Hayward station.

I noticed they put "Compensation: $9.50/hr attendant and $10.00/hr driver" on their craigslist ad. No switching around? You either just drive, or tech, period?

I visited a buddy out there and he seemed to like it. He still preferred working for the FD, but said it wasn't bad. No idea on the pay part, but around here being a driver gets you a premium whether you're the driver or tech.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse

Negative, they are one of the few companies (that I know of) that still hires attendant only positions (advantageous for folks who have driving issues, but are otherwise good in the medical field).

There are no driver only positions. Everyone techs, not everyone drives.

Can't really speak for NorCal, but down here the hiring process is quick and easy, it's the training that's a PITA, seeing as I had to drive 100 miles one way six different times to train in LA when I was going to be stationed in San Diego. I'm not sure if they make you NorCal folk come down to LA, though.

Last edited by a moderator: