Prince William Co Fire/Medic

Thricenotrice

Forum Lieutenant
Hello,
Got accepted for a test on the 12th and its a CWH test. Anybody know what test this is? It's not the video fire test is it?
Anybody working for PWC? Thoughts?
Flight from CA to VA is $500 so weighing my decision here if I want to go test.

RUABadfish002

Forum Probie
Hello,
Got accepted for a test on the 12th and its a CWH test. Anybody know what test this is? It's not the video fire test is it?
Anybody working for PWC? Thoughts?
Flight from CA to VA is $500 so weighing my decision here if I want to go test.

Its a pretty basic exam that tests your reading, writing, and math skills. There are also some critical thinking questions. Its not hard at all. If you made it through high school with no issues, you will be fine.

RUABadfish002

Forum Probie
Its definitely worth coming to test...if you dont mind relocating for the job. The cost of living is fairly high here, but im sure you're used to that being from CA. Dont let the base salary listed on the job posting fool you. Once you start receiving your ALS pay that number goes up quite a bit.

OP
OP
Thricenotrice

Thricenotrice

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks for that info... Again just reluctant to come test with a 500 dollar flight. Then I'd have to do it again for interview, and so on. I'll have to think about it, although it looks like a good system with good pay.

RUABadfish002

Forum Probie
Once you have passed the written exam they will work with you when it comes to the other steps in the process. If you let them know that you are short on money and coming from the west coast they will do their best to schedule the other steps accordingly. You may be able to knock out your medical/poly/psych in one trip.

OP
OP
Thricenotrice

Thricenotrice

Forum Lieutenant
Awesome. That definitely answers some questions and concerns. Thanks! I assume you're working there?