Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

johngotti

Forum Ride Along
My bad Saturday is when i took the test
I took it Saturday too and found out this morning .. Check the NREmT website .. If u passed u will see a registry number under your name in the upper left corner once you log in

Rea1530

Forum Ride Along
Thank you, i walked away feeling completely defeated. There were no 'easy' questions unlike any practice or inclass test

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Paramedic exam. Passed! 80 questions and I was in and out within an hour.

Todd

Forum Ride Along
I took the EMT-B test yesterday at 5:45 PM. My test stopped at 70 questions. I felt like I failed it. I found out at 2:00 PM today that I passed!

EMTBlue

Forum Ride Along
I took the NREMT yesterday and it stopped me at 70 questions. I walked out of the testing center with the gut feeling of failure because I spent a lot of time overanalyzing the questions.

I woke up this morning and checked the NREMT website and was ecstatic to find that I had passed!

Rea1530

Forum Ride Along
I took the NREMT yesterday and it stopped me at 70 questions. I walked out of the testing center with the gut feeling of failure because I spent a lot of time overanalyzing the questions.

I woke up this morning and checked the NREMT website and was ecstatic to find that I had passed!

Awesome job! I felt the same way!

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I just took it today. I think the test cut me off at 67. We'll see how it goes in a few days.

Jed Bishop

Forum Ride Along
Long answer. 76 questions. Normally we are accustomed to testing with an 85-95% correct answer test score and passing grade and you know pretty well if you've passed. The NREMT is an algorithm testing process. If you answer an easy question correctly, the next question is slightly harder. Answer that correctly, next Q is harder still. Get the hard question wrong, you get an moderate Q next. You don't get penalized by missing the hard questions. Having said that you have to answer enough easy and moderate Q's within the time limit and 125 Q constraints. If you passed with 70ish Q's, you answered all the easy ones, most/enough of the moderate ones, and probably missed many of the hard ones. That's okay. If you had to answer over 100-120 Q's, you may have mis-answered many of the moderate one's ( but still enough to pass) and none of the hard ones. Pretty sure it all resolves around how many moderate Q's you get correct. It may take all 125 Q's to reach the number of moderate Q's to pass. With 1000's of test results, they know exactly how hard or easy the questions are. They also have non-scored future questions to build a bank if future Q's as easy, moderate or hard. Bottom line: if you answer many hard questions wrong, doesn't matter. That's why most everyone thinks they fail. Some hard Q's were Greek to me. Anyone see it that way? (I passed w/76 and 45 minutes left.) BTW, I averaged 94% on all class quizzes. I got hung up on the NREMT standards versus my local Scope of Practice differences. Jed.

Jed Bishop

Forum Ride Along
Follow up to some failing with only 70 questions answered. Based on the algorithm example above, I'm going to guess that those testers missed numerous easy questions and many moderate questions and the algorithm postulated that there were not enough questions left to bring the tester up to the minimum pass level, so it ended the test. Just thinkin...... Jed
BTW: very proud to say that all of my EMT classmates were 18-24 yo's and I was grandpa to all of them. It was interesting to see how many were clueless when trying to communicate person to person, face to face. We had a 50% dropout rate through the NREMT. Jed.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Paramedic cognitive exam

I initially looked at the number so I'd remember where I stopped. The last number I remember seeing was 57. I forgot how unexpected it is when the test stops. It felt like a couple of questions after that (60ish?), but it is possible that I totally lost track. The NREMT said people could answer anywhere from 80 to like 130 questions (or something like that).

My test was about 67 minutes long.

Passed.

Gentry

Forum Ride Along
I took my exam on Friday at 5:30. I'm a college student, and take many exams. I've never been so certain in my life that I absolutely bombed an exam than when I walked out of the testing facility after a mere 70 questions. I didn't just think I failed, I spent the weekend thinking I got demolished.

You can imagine my surprise when I woke up Monday morning and found that I had passed with 70 questions. Moral of the story; everyone walks away from the NREMT feeling deflated and defeated. Guarded optimism is a good thing.