Police and the ER Entrance

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
We never seem to have problems with police at the hospital, our problems seem to occur on scene. More then once they have blocked us in on scene, and they really dont need to be there. In this city, every ambulance is dispatched with police that come and do nothing on scene. There are two police officers certified as EMTs that carry oxygen and a jump bag, but if they are unavailable or off duty we get anyone else. They stand around and do nothing, except get in the way. They are only useful when we have that 400 pound lady that cant get out of bed.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Most cops park at the ER in a way that won't block ambulances. If we need cops to move, they usually will. They won't when they are required to be with someone in custody.

Sometimes you get a cop in a mood but that is the exception.

hocomedic

Forum Crew Member
My local ER has a couple of parking spots right next to the ambulance bay, it like 20 ft from the door, so we never have any problems. and plus the ambo bay has an ambulance parking only sign also.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
I've never had any issue with cops blocking ambulance bays. The ER we go to majority of the time has a pull through system. And yet even though it says Ambulance, and the doors say Entrance for Ambulance personnel only, civilians still think they can pull in there to drop off their family members. I'm nice enough to put them in a wheel chair and wheel them to the waiting room for them most of the time.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I've never had any issue with cops blocking ambulance bays. The ER we go to majority of the time has a pull through system. And yet even though it says Ambulance, and the doors say Entrance for Ambulance personnel only, civilians still think they can pull in there to drop off their family members. I'm nice enough to put them in a wheel chair and wheel them to the waiting room for them most of the time.

In McKinney? Screw that, I'm too busy in the EMS room snacking on Snickers and Skittles.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We don't have a problem here or in Odessa at MedCenter. Cops have their own place to park off to the side