Petition for Colorado EMS licence plates?

tbalcome

Forum Ride Along
Has any certified Colorado EMT's though about wanting to have our own EMS licence plates? Something simple like Blue plate with star of like like the Firefighter plates?

Summit

Critical Crazy
I like the idea since we already have 29845928759832759827986572986743 flavors of license plates in the state.

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Been trying to figure out what I could do to get a set going in WA. They have them for fire/dispatch/military and police memorial but nothing for emts.

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
I agree that CO does have a license plate for just about everything else. Might as well get an EMS one!

mct601

RN/NRP
Mississippi has them for colleges (almost all in the region), fire, police, nurses, military, veterans, FREEMASONS, even NASCAR along with many others. yet I have yet to see any EMS. it'd be nice to just have a plate like our professional firefighters except with a star of life to the side that said "EMT" or "emergency medical technician" somewhere on it

there's about the same as below

MS-firef.jpg

However I got to noticing our ambulances don't even have their own plates. Its pretty much a personalized plate that says "AM" to the left and the number to the right. It's no different than the personalized plate on my car, where as other emergency vehicles get government or official plates.

Deltachange

Forum Crew Member
I would love to have a Colorado EMS plate. A way to show pride without being whackerish, and also just a nice thing to have.

resq330

Forum Lieutenant
This is what ours looks like. Pretty basic. I have these as personal tags but have my radio number "330" on them. The one shown is just a standard issue RS tag.

va_rescue_squad.JPG

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
What benefit would you gain for an EMS License Plate? Do you want the recognition? How would you like to work out elibility? Duty to Act?

hehe... I just have to include this... and no, I dont live in VA.
n68106321_30040274_7538.jpg

Summit

Critical Crazy
In CO, there is no duty to act unless on duty.

Eligibility ought to be CO EMT-B or higher presently employed or a current volunteer with an emergency service in CO.

Last edited by a moderator:

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
What benefit would you gain for an EMS License Plate? Do you want the recognition? How would you like to work out elibility? Duty to Act?

hehe... I just have to include this... and no, I dont live in VA.
n68106321_30040274_7538.jpg

We dont have duty to act in my area either.

Why is it ok for fire, leo and military to have license plates but not ems? Why are they allowed pride in their service but ems isn't?

Luno

OG
Premium Member
There's a way to get it done in WA, the problem is it has to be proposed by an organization, hence IAFF and LEM plates. If there was an organization of EMTs, for example... NAEMT or something like that, an application might fly...

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
There's a way to get it done in WA, the problem is it has to be proposed by an organization, hence IAFF and LEM plates. If there was an organization of EMTs, for example... NAEMT or something like that, an application might fly...

You part of that group?

denverfiremedic

Forum Crew Member
SERIOUSLY!!!! WHAT DO YOU NEED EMS PLATES FOR??? NO ONE CARES IF YOUR AN EMT!! YOU HAVE NO REASON TO HAVE A SPECIAL LICENSE PLATE:excl:

Summit

Critical Crazy
SERIOUSLY!!!! WHAT DO YOU NEED EMS PLATES FOR??? NO ONE CARES IF YOUR AN EMT!! YOU HAVE NO REASON TO HAVE A SPECIAL LICENSE PLATE:excl:

Why do all your FF buddies have FF plates?

Summit

Critical Crazy
There's over SEVENTY different types of customized plates in Colorado, including these:

Satellite

If you don't think the normal state plate is pretty enough.

Satellite

A private Jesuit school

Satellite

Satellite

NORAD is defunct

Satellite

You don't have to be a member of the 10th... the 10th isn't even in Colorado anymore!

Satellite

Boy Scouts are OK... no EMTs though!

Satellite

GO FOOTBALL! NO EMS!

Satellite

HOORAY DOGS! NO EMTS!

Satellite

My ancestors invented pasta!

Satellite

LOOK! I'm A FIREFIGHTER! Not an EMT!

I don't see you butthurt over those other plates. Why don't you tell all your FF buddies to get rid of their FF plates before you tell EMS people not to have a plate too.

All you have to do is get enough people to sign a petition, have your local representative sponsor it, and CO will make you a plate. If enough people buy them, the state will keep making them. It is a revenue generator.

Last edited by a moderator:

denverfiremedic

Forum Crew Member
there's over seventy different types of customized plates in colorado, including these:

satellite

if you don't think the normal state plate is pretty enough.

satellite

a private jesuit school

satellite

satellite

norad is defunct

satellite

you don't have to be a member of the 10th... The 10th isn't even in colorado anymore!

satellite

boy scouts are ok... No emts though!

satellite

go football! No ems!

satellite

hooray dogs! No emts!

satellite

my ancestors invented pasta!

satellite

look! I'm a firefighter! Not an emt!

I don't see you butthurt over those other plates. Why don't you tell all your ff buddies to get rid of their ff plates before you tell ems people not to have a plate too.

All you have to do is get enough people to sign a petition, have your local representative sponsor it, and co will make you a plate. If enough people buy them, the state will keep making them. It is a revenue generator.

i have fire fighter plates... Im a fire fighter ! If they make an emt plate then every person around is going to have one, so taking a six month class or less you should have a license plate? No!

Vizior

Forum Crew Member
i have fire fighter plates... Im a fire fighter ! If they make an emt plate then every person around is going to have one, so taking a six month class or less you should have a license plate? No!

But the 86-Hour Firefighter Course is such an honor that they "deserve" a license plate?

Personally, I think they are all kind of dumb in general, but if you want one have at it. I just don't see how becoming a firefighter is a much greater accomplishment than becoming an EMT.