Passed!

ride2k

Forum Crew Member
I just passed my final test, the written, yesterday! I am now a CT state EMT.
I had a question though. I know it can take a week or more for the cert. card and letter to come in the mail, but how long until your name comes up on the website saying you are certified?

EMT-Tim

Forum Ride Along
First off congratulations on your exam results.

In regards to you question, I know that every state is different, however in MA they state that they merely refresh their lists online once a month. I passed my exam at the end of october and it was online in the beginning of november. However, they gave us the certification right on the spot once the exam was done.

Nevertheless, I hope that you get yours in the mail soon and you can get out there and start your new career....

OP
OP
ride2k

ride2k

Forum Crew Member
Thanks.
I just looked on the website (for CT) and they say

"The file is updated each business day. The information provided on this web page is the same information that this office would provide in response to written or verbal requests for verification."

But it also says that the last update was Monday the 17th... and it's Tuesday. So I guess I'll just keep checking back every day until I get my actualy card in the mail!

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
I just passed my final test, the written, yesterday! I am now a CT state EMT...

Congrats!!!

You are very fortunate. Here in VA, you don't know if you passed or failed until about a week or so later... just plain brutal.

EMT-Tim

Forum Ride Along
Congrats!!!

You are very fortunate. Here in VA, you don't know if you passed or failed until about a week or so later... just plain brutal.

I find that to be absolutely horrible! When our test finished here in MA we left the office, they gave us our paper that showed how many questions we got wrong on each section then gave us our certificate card with picture and info on it, and we can begin to practice on that day... I find it odd how different it can be between state to state... I suppose it's just like the protocols that we follow, huh?

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Well CT is kinda slow with it. I think it was at least a week and a half until my name showed up from the time I took the test (yes I checked daily). Then to get the certification and card must have been more then a month and a half from the time I passed the test. (I have yet to see the certification, since I have yet to go home).

In addition do not call the office for any reason. Unless it is like 3 months later.

What area are you from in CT?

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations

First of all, congratulations; now the real education begins. Second, any of the other Jurassic-era people on this forum still remember when it was a six to eight week wait for the Big Envelope to arrive from the state or Registry with the pretty certificate, shoulder patch and your card. The dreaded #10 sized Little Envelope meant you were gonna be spending more time in the books or practicing a skill in a drafty ambulance bay. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with finding out the same day, but a week seems hardly brutal compared to back in the (proverbial) day. Best of luck, and check back often.

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats!!!

In Alberta you wait 4-6 weeks for the results on the written portion! Talk about brutal!

Practical is on the spot thank goodness.

Congrats! Welcome to EMS!

dslprod

Forum Crew Member
congrats on the pass. other then a written exam for the emtb cert are there also scenario tests?

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
congrats on the pass. other then a written exam for the emtb cert are there also scenario tests?

There are 2 scenario practicals... one trauma, one medical

OP
OP
ride2k

ride2k

Forum Crew Member
Well CT is kinda slow with it. I think it was at least a week and a half until my name showed up from the time I took the test (yes I checked daily). Then to get the certification and card must have been more then a month and a half from the time I passed the test. (I have yet to see the certification, since I have yet to go home).

In addition do not call the office for any reason. Unless it is like 3 months later.

What area are you from in CT?

Haha, yes I checked daily too. It was about a week until my actualy certification number up online. But I learned when I passed a few days later via email. I actually got my letter saying I passed today. So even though the wait seemed long, I'm glad I didn't have to wait months.

The way they do it in MA sounds pretty nice. You get your card and all the day you take it and pass? Wow.

And I am from Old Lyme. What about you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Emtint08

Forum Crew Member
Way to go. I am thrilled for you. I just passed my intermediate block 3 exam today. I went through this class before and because i lost focus, panicked, and blew one scenario, I had to take the class again. Now I have two weeks to get ready for my final, but worse, my tested scenarios. I hope I don't blow it again. One I lose my focus, I just lose it. I hope that it doesnt happen again. Wish me luck.
HERE IN NM...If we pass the class, we know of it the same day. We have to schedule our test site and we take the test within a few weeks of the class. We take our written and practicals the same day, but don't find out if we passed until 7-10 days later. We find out that day whether or not we passed the skills and practicals. but not the written. Have "patients" my friend. I am sure you have passed. Good Luck to you. Now its my turn. You have any suggestions for what to do if you start to lose focus? I cant let this happen to me again. I love what I do, and want to keep going forward, but its hard to do when your confidence level gets chipped away.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Haha, yes I checked daily too. It was about a week until my actualy certification number up online. But I learned when I passed a few days later via email. I actually got my letter saying I passed today. So even though the wait seemed long, I'm glad I didn't have to wait months.

The way they do it in MA sounds pretty nice. You get your card and all the day you take it and pass? Wow.

And I am from Old Lyme. What about you?

Im from Stamford

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
CONGRATS! Here in NY it is a 4-6 week wait on the written, unless you go two hour travel for on the spot scoring! I did that last winter in the middle of a snow storm, a normal 2 hour drive took us four hours and night in a motel room! CONGRATS again!

MedicMeJJB

Forum Crew Member
Yeah! When I got my EMT cert here in Indiana - we hadn't moved on to the computerized tests yet... I waited like 2 weeks or more! But hey.. CONGRATS to you ride2k!