Passed the written final, what's next?

tacorican

Forum Ride Along
I've been taking the EMT course at San Jose City College and last night was our written final. I've passed that and got the Skills Final coming up next Tuesday. What should I expect? Is there any good websites where I can find scenarios for practice?
Thanks in advance.

EMS25

Forum Crew Member
Go on Youtube and put in EMT skills. You can find a few good videos there.
Then just practice on a friend. I am sure you got your skill sheets, read them over and over again. Don't over-think it, relax it is not that bad.

After that you can register for your NREMT exam. I would take at least 3 to 4 weeks to review everything. What helped me a lot was to answer questions who are like the questions on the NREMT exam. I think I answer about 2000 questions. There is a lot of books and web sites out there. Some of them are great and some of them are really bad.
Here is what I used and I have to say it helped me a lot.
Books:
Mosby's EMT-B Certification Preparation and Review (great book)
Brady's Success for the EMT (it is not so great but we had the Brady text book so it went hand in hand with it.)
Mosby's EMT-Basic Review—A Case-Based Approach (it is good)

Websites:
http://www.prenhall.com/emtachieve/
I had to pay for it but this web page is awesome, it is almost like the real exam.
This website has a webcast which I listen a lot.
http://www.mediccast.com/

I hope this helps you a bit. Let me know if you have any other questions.B)

OP
OP
T

tacorican

Forum Ride Along
Thanks EMS25!. I actually had my Skill Final on Tuesday and passed without any problems!!!! So as for the NREMT, I will check out these books and sites. Are there any NREMT Practice Books that you recommend for studying?

Thank you.

EMS25

Forum Crew Member
Thanks EMS25!. I actually had my Skill Final on Tuesday and passed without any problems!!!! So as for the NREMT, I will check out these books and sites. Are there any NREMT Practice Books that you recommend for studying?

Thank you.

I couldn't find any original NREMT practice books. I don't know if there are any.

The Mosby's books are good, they have lot of practice questions. You can get them used on ebay or Amazon.
The Prenhall web page test helped me a lot. It is very similar to the NREMT test.
There is another web page I heard of, it is called EMT quiz. I think they charge for it. But if you don't pass at the first time they give you the money back.

The best thing is answer as many practice questions you can. So you get used to the wording and it helps you to recognize the right answer. Like I said I think I practiced on over 2000 questions. I took them over and over again.
I also read my text book 3 times from cover to cover. I had an A in my class and still I studied like crazy because the NREMT is not easy.

Maybe this sounds overwhelming and maybe you have to give up your free time, but trust me it is worthy.

EMS25

Forum Crew Member
http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=11238

The book I posted in this thread is a full nremt practice test for every section that would come up on the nremt.

I totally forgot about the JB Learning. I downloaded their web casts on iTunes. They are great to listen to it when you work out or when you drive to work.

I also used the" Kapit Elson Coloring Anatomy Book". Amazon has it for $15. It helped me a lot to understand Anatomy.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
thompson delmars EMT basic test review