Paramedic Pay SoCal Area?

brooks08

Forum Ride Along
I'm a EMT now, how much can I expect to get paid once I belome a Paramedic in the LA Area?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hosemonkey or private ambulance? Cause that's a big difference.

OP
OP
brooks08

brooks08

Forum Ride Along
Private Ambulance while i'm waiting for Fire Dept's to start hiring.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
Well from the fifty-thousand or so threads I have read on the subject, about five bucks an hour.

terrible one

Always wandering
Well from the fifty-thousand or so threads I have read on the subject, about five bucks an hour.

LOL!

pretty close, depending on the company anywhere from $10-$18/hr hope you like running IFTs all day

MedJPavlo

Forum Crew Member
LOL!

pretty close, depending on the company anywhere from $10-$18/hr hope you like running IFTs all day
+1

and to OP your better off being a hose-dragger. There are so little amount of private ambulances that run fire calls. Now if you were a medic now, you could get a job at AMR NoHo or LA county McCormick RIGHT NOW. theyre desperate for new hire medics. oh well :glare:

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
+1

and to OP your better off being a hose-dragger. There are so little amount of private ambulances that run fire calls. Now if you were a medic now, you could get a job at AMR NoHo or LA county McCormick RIGHT NOW. theyre desperate for new hire medics. oh well :glare:

even amr NoHo and McCormick Medics dont run 911 often. AMR is IFT only unless covering antelope valley. McCormick ALS is primary IFT and can jump a 911 from time to time, but they still have to be EMT-B on scene unless the fire medic asks them to do als.

MedJPavlo

Forum Crew Member
even amr NoHo and McCormick Medics dont run 911 often. AMR is IFT only unless covering antelope valley. McCormick ALS is primary IFT and can jump a 911 from time to time, but they still have to be EMT-B on scene unless the fire medic asks them to do als.
I understand that, which is why i told him to be a firefighter. I work for AMR NoHo and well aware that we never run 911 from that station.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
i dont think i get 9 calls in a week.

clibb

Forum Captain
i dont think i get 9 calls in a week.

Really?

We run about 9-15 911 calls on a normal 12 hour shift with a couple transfers (which we hate to do). On busy nights it's between 15-20 This is in Colorado though...

Do you do IFT only?

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
no, all 911. slow area, I work for a private industrial company who has an onsite Fire/EMS Dept. I am currently looking to move anywhere I can (preferably out of state). I feel my skill meter draining on every call, we drill all we can but i just don't see enough patients for a new medic. we average 2-4 calls per shift, one is usually a "hazard investigation" with the other three medical. usually an AMA or BLS. here we have the freedom to send them to urgent care, and they pick up the patient.