PALS Certification

suthermann

Forum Probie
Can a Emt get certified in PALS, or do you have to have your Paramedic license ?

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
You can take the class. Although you will probably struggle through it.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Both PALS and ACLS are designed to help guide your practice, assuming that you have baseline knowledge in pharmacology, advanced airway management and EKG interpretation. I know several facilities offer a "introduction to EKG interpretation" that may be a good starting point. Otherwise, you can certainly audit the class but you won't be able to practice the skills and you'll probably struggle with the basic material.

You'd be better served with a community college A&P course or other paramedic prerequisites.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Both PALS and ACLS are designed to help guide your practice, assuming that you have baseline knowledge in pharmacology, advanced airway management and EKG interpretation. I know several facilities offer a "introduction to EKG interpretation" that may be a good starting point. Otherwise, you can certainly audit the class but you won't be able to practice the skills and you'll probably struggle with the basic material.

You'd be better served with a community college A&P course or other paramedic prerequisites.

This is spot on....... As a PALS instructor I will say any PALS program will be more then happy to take your money, however follow the advice DEmedic has given you and take PALS later in your career. Good luck.

NUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Had an EMT take PALS last week. She was sharp. Also college educated. She picked it up and passed.